Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daily walk without glasses page 2

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    MamaGrok: I have heard that people who aren't that bad yet---perhaps like your kids---forestall problems by using glasses that seem to be opaque but actually have many pinholes. The kids might like to try them on trips to the park or whatever. I never used them so can't tell you anything definite. I think that they cost about $20. Try an outfit called "Gaia" I think that is the name. They tend to be into things like green living, yoga, tai chi, and 'strange' medical aids, etc. I saw a catalog once when visiting some friends who are into yoga, but sadly don't remember completely who they ( the catalog folks, not my friends) are.

Tadas is offline Member
    Just wanted to add some information for everyone who wants to "naturally improve his vision":

http://www.quackwatch.com/01Quackery.../eyequack.html

... don't know what to make of it yet.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Tadas:

I respect you for your comment, "....don't know what to make of it yet." Continue to research this matter.

I am living proof that the report you cited is quackery. I am not alone. Bates did something very similar to Weston Price (I think that is the man who traveled the world to see why others were healthy). Bates traveled the world to ascertain what other cultures that were not afflicted with the need for glasses did. He learned how they 'see'. He devised a treatment system that ,first, taught people the correct way to 'see', and second, included a series of exercises to speed the process of improving the muscle tone of the eyeballs.

Just as the AMA, for financial reasons, decided to band together allopathic practitioners in the 1850's and use only other allopaths and avoid any allopath who worked with any other practitioner, the ophthalmologists decided to condemn Dr. Bates in order to keep their pockets full.

Many things like this in our mercantilist, not capitalist, society. Topics of this forum are a perfect example. The fact that proper nutrition and exercise prevented disease, and can cure disease, has been a given for many, many years. Allopaths, however, make no money when people are healthy. They want you to believe that your headache is an aspirin deficiency. If your gall bladder is acting up, they want you to believe that the best thing is to remove it, not change your life style and diet to repair it. Like an auto mechanic who decides that the best way to 'cure' a re-occurring low oil light is to break the light bulb.

In 1918 in Philadelphia, The flu was especially bad. Allopaths had no luck at all but practitioners of homeopathy from the great Hahnemann Hospital did wonders. People living in the Delaware Valley were starting to rely on homeopaths for their medical care and avoiding allopaths. The threat to the pockets of allopaths was tremendous, so the AMA worked hard to eliminate homeopaths through laws and propaganda. Many times when something from an MD or DO failed to work I would go to a homeopathic pharmacy and buy something that did work. I also visit practitioners of TCM, who have better results with certain things. However all of the non-allopaths are presently on the fringe due to political influence and organizational propaganda.

The way the AMA works is when they see something that works and might pull patients (customers) from them they get the law to hinder the providers of the other system and they use propaganda to convince the public to avoid them. Their motto, "Sure, it works in the world, but will it work in theory?"

Just a question. Acupuncture works. Would you rather be treated by a practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine who spent over six years in Chinese medical schools learning acupuncture as well as other things, or by an MD who took a three week course sponsored by the AMA? The law in many places gives you little choice thanks to the politicians in the pockets of the AMA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12