Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex & the Single (PB) Girl page

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member

Sex & the Single (PB) Girl

Shop Now
    So Ive noticed there's a hot new guy wandering around my gym lately. So he's within acceptable age paramters, he's smart & educated, he's got a good sense of humor etc. OK, I have to admit there's been some flirting. Then yesterday we're talking about career goals & he mentions his crazy career dream is to open an animal sanctuary of some kind on day. Like a retirement/rehab home. He goes into telling me that he'd love to do that because it would be so satisfying and we're destroying the planet more swiftly than ever and the oil rig explosions and this and that...I can't argue with that, I certainly agree. And then, "and so many people eating meat, the industry produces more green house gases than all the cars in the world..."

hold up...being the slick-chick that I am I blurt out, "You're a vegan aren't you!"

"Yes"

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! And that's how it goes! They always are married (or vegan), just as unavailable!

And just like that the relationship ended before it began. hahahaha oh man. Can you imagine? Soy milk breath is such a turn off! Now, I was vegeterian for 6 years, vegan for 1, raw food vegan for about 6 months. So i've been there. But I was the fattest & most depressed of my entire life during those years. Coincidence or causation I can't say with certainty, but itd be silly to say they were entirely UNrelated.

And he admitted he was feeling just run down and tired lately, you have NO idea how badly I wanted to tell him to eat some happy salmon sashimi! with a side of ethically raised bacon of course!!

Just had to share. I knew you folks could appreciate my pain!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Oh the irony.

We totally get it.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    you have NO idea how badly I wanted to tell him to eat some happy salmon sashimi! with a side of ethically raised bacon of course!!
    Might as well tell him - either the potential relationship stays killed, or he becomes a happy convert and stays potential!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Real Men are a dying breed.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you're having the kind of dating luck that I am lately. I haven't found anyone lately that would come close to being able to handle a primal eccentric bastard of a daemon.

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member
    even something as silly as a body building diet...or just a regular CW eater I can handle! but VEGAN oh man...that's a religion. lol, he needs me more than he knows! lol

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you're just what he needs right now.

Some good conversation, talking about alternate points of view... being that you've been there, you might be able to get it across...

Or not.

It's hard to say because you definitely can't force people to change, but sometimes someone comes into your life when you really need it and change happens... I've definitely been there, done that!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleNappingLion View Post
    even something as silly as a body building diet...or just a regular CW eater I can handle! but VEGAN oh man...that's a religion. lol, he needs me more than he knows! lol
    I sure have to agree with that! lol
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Real Men are a dying breed.
    Ain't that the truth!

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    I think it would be funny to date a vegan. Maybe not for her.... but I would be ammused. I got thick skin.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast