Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: skin/blemishes page

robss is offline Senior Member

skin/blemishes

Shop Now
    Is there any specific face wash, moisurizer, product, etc. you use to keep your skin blemish free/get rid of blemishes? i can't use any harsh products on my face, no benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. It seems that no matter what I do I always have a couple blemishes on my face. I guess this wouldn't be so bad if they weren't the kind that take weeks to go away and leave red marks on my face for months after....but alas, they are =(

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    For me, weight loss = zits. It doesn't matter what I do about it. I can tell I'm losing weight again simply by how terrible my face looks. No idea why, but I's skeptical about the idea that its from "stored toxins" being released into the bloodstream that some espouse.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    Maybe the blemishes are partly a result of whatever products you already use? I saw a reduction in blemishes of all kinds when I eliminated soap and shampoo and started occasionally moisturizing with coconut oil.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    Yep, no soap or products touch my face anymore - just rinse twice a day with warm water and moisturize with a TINY bit of coconut oil when needed.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I use retin-A. It doesn't seem to do a thing to reduce breakouts, but they heal SO much faster. Whereas I'd have been left with a red mark for weeks and weeks, now they heal completely in a matter of days. It's a wondrous thing.

I was hoping PB itself would reduce breakouts, but that hasn't happened yet.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member
    I tried the oil-cleansing method some people mention on here but broke out. I tried it for about a month thinking I had to like "get it all out" and then id
    come through clear on the other side, but it did'nt happen that way. I've been having good luck with Pond's cold cream... my skin is still healing from acne marks from oil-month but i haven't added to it at all & my skin is QUITE soft & nice! & my pores are smaller, less black heads for sure!
    Then, just to make me feel like i was back in high school, yesterday a client came to me and said, "darling, please, for 1 month please please please take just half a teaspoon of turmeric...and eat it...just like that. in my country women eat turmeric and have clear most beautiful skin"
    So (shrug) guess I'll try it. So yesterday and this morning I took a 1/4 tsp of turmeric in the bottom of a glass and poured about 3 Tbspn water in, swirled it and drank it...then QUICKLY ate breakfast. It's a little rank for me straight & raw like that. But I'll see if that amount of antioxidant/anti-inflammatory makes a difference

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I recommend an all natural Aloe Gel product. I found a good one at the whole foods market. I use it to lighten the dark spots and freckles, but it is also great for acne. My teenage daughter started using it and has found it to work well.

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    so long as i stay away from grains, i don't seem to break out. before primal (& before i discovered the gluten intolerance), i never had a blemish-free face. now, it stays that way. i steam my face each morning with a washcloth, & use an oatmeal natural soap in the morning, but that's it for cleaning. i moisturize with a bit of jojoba oil, but otherwise, that's it. oh! if i ever DO stray & eat the chips at the mexican restaurant (i call 80/20!), & then develop a spot or two, i use tea tree oil! disappears in a few hours, usually. magical stuff, really.
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

QuirkyPixy is offline Senior Member
    Emu oil is fantastic for red marks. I use it in combination with Retin-A, and my skin is definitely better for it.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    I only rinse my face under the shower once a day, and my complexion is fine!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast