Thread: Susie Blue Cheese Dressing page

Joe
    Joe is offline Senior Member

Susie Blue Cheese Dressing

This recipe is named after my sister Susie, who taught it to me.

Susie Blue Cheese Dressing

Ingredients
    1 and 1/3 cups mayonnaise
    3/4 cup sour cream
    4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
    1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (may substitute 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic)
    1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper

Directions
    Mix all ingredients by hand in a large bowl. Transfer to a quart Mason jar or other similar jar. Allow dressing to sit overnight in the refrigerator before first use. Good for 10 days or so in the refrigerator. Awesome on salad or as a dip with chicken wings or legs. Enjoy!

Notes
    I recommend a canola-based mayo such as the 365 brand found at Whole Foods. 365 brand contains ZERO trans fats, unlike some canola products. If you want to use regular mayo, use Hellman's regular mayonnaise, not the light mayo. (Using light mayo or light sour cream results in the dressing being runny.)

Letting the dressing cool and settle overnight lets the blue cheese flavor strengthen and permeate throughout. Also, mixing by hand is important; if you use a blender you will lose some of the chunkiness and it may get too runny.
    Last edited by Joe; 09-15-2010 at 11:58 AM.
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

dml
    dml is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I made homemade blue cheese dressing for with some chicken wings a couple weekends ago. Mine was a bit simpler - homemade olive-oil mayo, blue cheese, a dash of mustard and some white vinegar (not much) in the food processor. Blend until smooth. Add salt, pepper and then thin with buttermilk to the desired consistency. Add more mayo or cheese or both if it gets too thin.