Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Constantly constipated page

MarkP is offline Member

Constantly constipated

Shop Now
    Hello everyone, I went primal back in June and loved it. Due to a busy summer I feel of the wagon. I've used the challenge to get back on board and I've been doing it for about 10 days now.

The problem is I've been constipated for the whole time and it's uncomfortable. Before I would go once a day and feel .... 'refreshed'. Now I feel constantly uncomfortable. I don't remember this before, what would you suggest? I feel like getting a burger, fries and soda tomorrow and flushing it all out.

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    What does your diet comprise (be reasonably specific). Personally, enough fat (coconut oil, butter and cream) helps and I also get a fair bit of fiber from some coconut, a couple of prunes, nuts, and a bit of flax and of course veggies. I find cooked veggies better than raw. Some probiotics might help also.

MarkP is offline Member
    Eggs, milk, butter, fish, bacon, spinach, carrots, almonds, berries, etc.

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    That's nowhere near specific enough for people to be able to advise you. List exactly breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Milk can be a problem for some people, it affects gut motility. Use cream instead.

Primallady is offline Senior Member
    For me the almonds and milk would constipate me......

Suse is offline Senior Member
    coconut milk seems to keep everything moving along nicely I find. Also probiotics.

chasbuddy is offline Senior Member
    At the end of the day, no matter what I ate, no matter how often I ate I went through almost 2 months of constipation and nothing worked until my body began working again. It was a real PITA. However, now things are "normal" again. BTW I was stuffing probiotics etc etc. Nada worked. For me at least it was a grin and bear it kinda thing. I'm old so my digestive system must be a slow learner. In any event everything came out fine in the end. Oh that was bad eh?

MarkP is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    coconut milk seems to keep everything moving along nicely I find. Also probiotics.
    Thanks, I do have some coconut milk. I'll try and add it in more frequently. I'll look at probiotics too.

Quote Originally Posted by chasbuddy View Post
    At the end of the day, no matter what I ate, no matter how often I ate I went through almost 2 months of constipation and nothing worked until my body began working again. It was a real PITA. However, now things are "normal" again. BTW I was stuffing probiotics etc etc. Nada worked. For me at least it was a grin and bear it kinda thing. I'm old so my digestive system must be a slow learner. In any event everything came out fine in the end. Oh that was bad eh?
    I guess I'll give it till the end of the challenge and see how things go.

Thanks, guys.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Also hydration. Drink plenty of water. I know people that only have one or two glasses of water per day that finally are able to go regularly once they increased their fluid intake.

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member
    Magnesium helps a lot of people. I take 400 daily, more if I haven't "gone" in a day or two. It has many other benefits as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast