Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making Almond Butter Without Whole Almonds? page

Rivvin is offline Senior Member

Making Almond Butter Without Whole Almonds?

Shop Now
    Okay so I want to make some crepes. I also want to make some energy bars. These recipes call for nut butters which I never keep on hand because they are expensive as hell and I never use it all.

I also don't really keep nuts in the house full time.

I do, however, have tons of Almond Meal because I fry with it, make cookies and scones, etc. etc.

I have a nice cuisineart stick blender... can I drop a cup of Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal into a bowl and grind it into Almond Butter with this thing or is the meal modified so much that it won't make a good butter?

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Should work, it's nuthin' but almonds...try it and let us know.

I had to add a little coconut oil because no matter how much I blended it was struggling to make butter. About 2 tbsp of oil loosened it up and delicious Almond Butter was born.

And then shoved into my mouth.

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    Unless you have a really powerful blender you'll usually need to add some oil to almond butter. I do anyway just to keep the butter from getting to hot. That said, if the prices for Bob's where you live are like they are here you just paid as much for a cup of almond butter as you would for a jar, probably.

Yeah I know, that' why i experimented with this because I can make a quarter cup of almond butter with all the almond meal I have for cheaper than buying a 6 - 8 dollar jar that I'll never eat all of.

Money saved.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    What the heck. Sounds like you found a great way to add more coconut oil to the diet.

Jessie44 is offline Junior Member
    Don't think that will work but let us know. It is worth buying almond butter, it is so good for you and great on everything. Try Barney Butter that is my personal favorite.

Ouis is offline Member
    I buy Justin's almond butter packets at WF--each packet has 2 tbs of almond butter--I buy these because I need portion control--a jar would be gone in a day or two. I also keep the packets frozen and only defrost as needed. Ahhh the tricks I need to play on myself.

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    Yeah. The justin's packets rock. The chocolate almond butter is killer to keep in the gymbag for PW.

Acteon is offline Senior Member
    I keep dark hazelnut oil in the fridge that I use sometimes to flavor my coffee. It has a nuttier taste than the coconut oil but if I didn't have it I definitely would have used my coconut oil like you did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast