Thread: Cool Site! page

Elana Guest

Anyone ever seen this site before?

http://www.nutritiondata.com/

I apologize in advance if it's already been posted. I have been happy with caloriecount.about.com but this one also lists the glycemic load of foods, inflammation factor, and a slew of other useful info. Very cool.

grandma is offline Member

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ provides the same data without the CW marketing and the voodoo inflammation factor (maybe it isn't voodoo, but I don't understand it). But nutrition data looks nicer.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Elana Guest

I was just interested in the cool information on there and the user-friendly format. CW marketing surrounds me everyday; doesn't mean I pay any attention to it

I particularly like the nutrient balance & amino acid profile information, which could be useful for people wanting to know if they're getting enough of a particular nutrient they're shooting for.

Not knocking any other resources out there; just trying to be helpful and share, what I thought to be, a good find.

**Oh, and I just noticed that it has Omega 3 & Omega 6 info listed for foods, as well.

grandma is offline Member

that's fine. I like nutritiondata.com, I don't pay attention to their colored charts because I don't really know how to read them. I just scroll down and look at the macro/micro nutrients and form my own opinion.

What I want is a fitday like tracker which will track omega 3/ omega 6 ratio in a diet on the whole. The tracking in nutritiondata is bad.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Elana Guest

Yeah, I can't say that I've found a good tracking site that lists the Omegas. CalorieCount.about.com at least lists the fatty acids, but does not carve out the omegas.

mseibel is offline Junior Member

I like how you can add recipes, or just put foods together in combinations, and get the nutritional info on the entire combination. All the CW stuff is just white noise to me.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Hah yes I only use that site to count calories of things that don't have a label.

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>