Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ice Cream = Weight loss ? page 2

Classic is offline Senior Member
    You can buy an ice cream maker from Cuisinart pretty cheap and then you can use way less sugar than they do in a shop or out of a carton. I use only 1/4C maple syrup per quart of ice cream. It is awesome. A little goes a long way. Since it is so rich 1/2 C serving is perfect.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prescott Paleo View Post
    Mmm, I'm hooked on Coconut Bliss ice cream. It's made with coconut milk. Only major downside is there is no protein - it's all carbs and fats!
    Eat it with a burger. Yeah, I LOVE Coconut Bliss. I think the plain old Naked Coconut is my favorite, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at any of the flavors.

beenbean is offline Member
    While in Tuscany last June (just before going PB [last tango with pasta, heh]), I fell in love with the gelato flavor they call fiore di latte ("flower of milk"). Came home and googled up a recipe, and--with some adjustments--you can make it as primal as you like:

1 1/2 cup heavy cream
    1 1/2 cup whole milk
    3/4 c. sugar (or equivalent in whatever you like: stevia, xylitol, maple syrup, etc.)

That's it--no eggs, no vanilla, nothing else. I've made it with milk, cream, and xylitol, and it turned out dense and creamy, just the way it was in Volterra. I'm sure you could make it using just heavy cream (no milk), if you like. Just heat the milk/cream, if necessary, to dissolve the sweetner (probably not necessary if you're using maple syrup or stevia), then freeze. Pure dairy bliss. And it has a fancy Italian name! What's not to love?

9simple is offline Junior Member

Ice Cream and chocolate made me lose weight very quickly

I've been dieting for all my life until I came across a blog with lots of comments from people who lost weight eating only or mainly ice cream and chocolate. I've tried it and I have to say I was amazed to see how quickly my weight started to go down. I was loosing min 2kg a week and was eating only ice cream and chocolate, actually unlimited amounts. It doesn't mean that I was not allowed to eat normal food if I wanted to, but I was so "hungry" of loosing more weight that I kept eating only ice cream and chocolate until I reached my ideal weight. With time, I started exprimenting with other foods, implementing more weight-friendly foods like coconut, avocado. I was so amazed with the results that I even put up my own website where I tell more bout my weight loss on weightloss-mydietplan. I hope my experience with weight loss can help you too.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Nice!
    I don't seem to have any issue with dairy either, have not had ice cream though. I make my own and my fave is peach with honey.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here's my explanation about the fruit. Plants that produce fruit are more biologically successful the higher the number of animals scattering the seeds or stones in their fruit. Thus they've evolved to produce very sweet tasty fruit that for most animals are desirable when eaten in moderation and cause discomfort when eaten in significant quantity. If an ingested fruit containing seeds causes diarrhoea, that's a bonus for the plant as the seeds are likely to still be viable when they come out the other end.

Ice-cream on the other hand is designed to be desirable to eat in quantity, as we all know. Italians make the best ice cream in my opinion.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12