Thread: This 3 Time P90Xer is Going Primal! page

The Biochemist is offline Junior Member

This 3 Time P90Xer is Going Primal!

Primal Fuel

Hello Mark and Everyone!

I was lucky enough to meet Tony Horton when he came to Atlanta Summer '09. After hearing my story, he wrote on my little card "It's all about the food!". This little tid bit has changed my life. The more I learn about nutrition, the more I WANT to learn.

Since then, I've been doing P90X for over a year, have lost 55 lbs, and am working toward my six pack. The "Exercise" portion of my fitness quest is about as sharp as it can be, and I'm trying to advance in the nutrition area. Your presence in the P90X videos caught my interest.

Shortly after finding your entire site here, I just bought "The Primal Blue Print" along with the cookbook, and downloaded the free "Primal Fitness" guide over the past few days here, and can't WAIT to get through all of them!

I look forward to posting many questions and hopefully, answering others in ways that will help them. My ultimate goal is to accumulate as much knowledge as possible as to HOW certain foods, ingredients, and chemicals AFFECT the body in the ways that they do at the Biochemical and Molecular level. I'm all about the WHY?

Good luck to everyone! Nice to meet you all!

-Chris

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, never tried P90x but thinking of giving it a whirl.

Setabas is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. I think the two should make a great combination. I will warn you however that you may want to back off of the P90X type workout for about a month when you first go primal/paleo. As my body was getting used to fat as its primary fuel, my workouts got crushed for about 3 weeks. If I was too tied into performace based workouts (i.e. lifting as much weight, doing as many reps as I had in the past), I would have dropped out and gone for the carbs. I didn't and now I'm back to where I was and even passing it. But it can be a hard transition.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the boards man; that is some awesome progress you got coming in, hopeful the PB will help ya take it to the next level.
    My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome! I incorporate p90x in to my weekly workouts...I love the yoga, core and kenpo...and pretty much anything Tony Horton LOL
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!