Thread: Meds page

Hedonist is offline Senior Member

Meds

Shop Now
    I'm currently on 3 meds. I have refused to take some others. I think three meds is pretty good for 67.

Metformin 500 mg twice a day
    Diuretic (Furosemide - generic Lasix) 20 mg once a day
    Coreg 6.25 mg twice a day

I haven't read any rants about these meds, nor found much mention here. I won't stop any without talking to doc. But she will just give me the cw take on them. (No, I'm not finding a new doc.)

My blood sugar has dropped below the diabetic range, but needs to go lower, so I guess I should take Metformin for a while.

In the past, I have landed in the emergency room twice with breathing problems that could have been from fluid retention. But both times the er docs said could be asthma. Other docs say no. Too old to develop that.

Coreg is supposed to slow down my heart and lower my blood pressure. Those are very good now. I wonder if PB will eliminate the need for this med.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    I can only tell you that I have been off my asthma meds for about 4 months now. I've been taking lots of fish oil to increase my Omega 3s - which as I understand counteract inflammation.

mizski is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    It's really hard to say. I'd like to believe that PB will eventually correct (fix?) a lot of conditions for which people are taking meds. But what if it's too late and the body is permanently damaged? And how would we know that? Most doctors just know to prescribe meds and know little about lifestyle changes.

My thoughts are to continue with PB and keep monitoring my lab results as well as how I feel. I figure this WOL can do good things and hopefully someday I will be able to get off my meds (statins). I hope Mr. Ski can get off of Metformin too. With heart meds, it might be a different story though.