Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can anyone PB this chicken recipe for me page

Muppet is offline Senior Member

Wink can anyone PB this chicken recipe for me

Primal Fuel
    So this is my favorite chicken recipe ever, but as you can see it calls for two cups of brown sugar (hmmm...wonder why I like the recipe). Admittedly I do NOT ever eat all the sauce for this recipe but still...So anyway to make this a bit more PB friendly?

"Carmelized Chicken with Almonds"

6 TBSP of butter
    3 onions sliced into rings
    2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
    3 TBSP soy sauce

Preheat over to 350 degrees
    Sautee Onion in butter for 15 min or until translucent, add brown
    sugar and soy sauce, stirring until sugar dissolves.
    Spoon sauce over the prepared chicken in a baking dish. Cover with
    foil and back for 1 hour or until chicken is done.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    1. Exchange butter and soy sauce for a few tomatoes, a sliced zucchini, some tomato sauce, and salt, pepper, and garlic.

2. Throw brown sugar into nearest trash receptacle.

3. Try to narrow down your screen name choice. There are dozens of Muppets, and I have a hard time tailoring a response to you when I don't know if you are a Miss Piggy, The Swedish Chef, or Rizzo the Rat.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    The onion will caramelize quite well in your favorite oil. If you want added sweetness and sauce, use coconut oil and your favorite squash/ tomatoes.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Alas I am a generic muppet. When I got the nickname years ago I never did inquire as to which muppet they thought I looked like. Just a general muppet. Sorry to disappoint. And yeah, your suggestions are obvious and a completely different recipe! I am asking to see if anyone has any ideas. If I wanted to get thrown over the coals, I would just go over to my mom's house for a quick conversation! LOL. but thanks anyway

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    You cold try replacing it with honey, more primal, but still needs to be a treat for sure.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Sorry man, didn't intent to throw you over the coals. I'm just talkative (typeative?) and a tad inebriated.

That coconut oil suggestion is a good one. I might have to give that a go one day.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    See how low you can go on the brown sugar. As you spend more time primal, you may need less and less of it. Eventually, you may need only a tablespoon to enjoy the dish. You might eventually like the dish unsweetened. Or maybe it will always be an occasional 20%.

How about a bit of molasses and some more primal sweetener?

I know this isn't a primal answer. Hopefully, a useful one.

Shibbel is offline Member
    I would agree with the post above me- there's really no way around all that sugar. Just cut back as much as you can. Since brown sugar is nothing but a mixture of molasses and white sugar, you might want to use raw honey with a touch of molasses instead.

thanks all. the brown sugar melts and creates this liquid that soaks into the chicken. so really you are pouring two cups of sauce over the chicken and then cooking. so i wonder if anything else could help recreate that sauce. it was amazing the first time i made it how the brown sugar dissolved so much and made this great liquid sauce. and no offense bane. i wish i were inebriated! someday we will get together and drink some cave beer together!

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I will say that Chinese food is one of the hardest types of food to replicate with PB. Italian you can still have most of the sauces and some cheese if you do dairy. Mexican and Greek you can too. Chinese you just can't do it with all the added salt, sugar and soy sauce in the recipes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast