Thread: Raisins?

Raisins?

Shop Now
    Just wondering - and i searched for it, found nothing so decided to post this - how raisins measure up against the primal diet? I heard from a doctor on a video about fruit that grapes were a high sugar fruit but i really like raisins and i assume they're less bad than other stuff i could be snacking on. I'm sure they are probably worse than some foods i could be snacking on too.

Very high in sugars - fresh grapes are high enough as it is. Sure, there`s always worse things to eat. Track your raisin consumption on fitday and see if you like the numbers. If it works for you, go for it.

too sweet imo especially for someone concerned with weight loss or candida issues:-(
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Okay. I thought so. Thanks for the response. I had them today for the first time in ages but now i know not to buy them anymore

think of them as a treat instead of a snack and you'll do fine.

Yeah. I agree. I was just making sure

Shop Now
    Dried fruit can be an OK food if portion sizes are considered. They need to be pretty small. A few raisins on an almond flour cookie is fine; a handful of them (which is easy to do) would not be good. I love dried fruit esp. in the winter when fresh fruit is limited. I think of how many of the real fruit I would eat and that makes it easier to just have one prune, apricot, pear, etc.