Thread: Primal Meetups? A question about the forum. page

BoyPrimal is offline Senior Member

Primal Meetups? A question about the forum.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey all,

I'm still exploring the forums here and getting intimate with the site, but if I'm not mistaken there's no section of the threads for connecting with members in your area. It seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity to me.

This site has 25,000 members, at least 5,000 active members, so I'm sure there's a huge opportunity to be had here. With a separate section of the forum for finding nearby members there's all sorts of possibility for mini groups to form, have a dinner get together, hit the gym with a primal partner, or just go to the beach for some bbq and sport.

I'd love to hear back on this. Maybe I'm missing something, but if Mark or any of the admins are paying attention: I think it'd be a great idea!

Tara is offline Senior Member
    +1!

My fiancÚ and I just moved and I would love to meet some new people... specifically people who don't think I'm a weirdo because of how I eat!

Annika is offline Senior Member
    In the "Groups" section (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/groups.html) there are several geographical groups, and I would guess that some of them have been organizing meetups.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

BoyPrimal is offline Senior Member
    The groups seem sadly underutilized as a site tool. Bummer!
    Last edited by BoyPrimal; 09-12-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    I agree.

That being said, I haven't worked out how the 'groups' work yet!

Leanne is offline Senior Member
    I agree as well. I joined a few of the groups but no one ever posts anything in them. I would love to meet some people in my area who have similar interests in health and nutrition as I do, not to mention help motivate me more.
    The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison

Vancouver Island Primal and Paleo Living <<< join our Facebook Group

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyPrimal View Post
    Hey all,

I'm still exploring the forums here and getting intimate with the site, but if I'm not mistaken there's no section of the threads for connecting with members in your area. It seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity to me.

This site has 25,000 members, at least 5,000 active members, so I'm sure there's a huge opportunity to be had here. With a separate section of the forum for finding nearby members there's all sorts of possibility for mini groups to form, have a dinner get together, hit the gym with a primal partner, or just go to the beach for some bbq and sport.

I'd love to hear back on this. Maybe I'm missing something, but if Mark or any of the admins are paying attention: I think it'd be a great idea!
    Well, one thing that might help in the meantime, is if you added your physical location to your profile. Then people could find you