peril is offline Senior Member

Does PB reduce body odour?

Primal Fuel
    From the Why PB is good for me thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    How long I've been Primal: 1 year and 8 months

Positive changes I've had since starting PB:

<snip> No objectionable body odor. <snip>
    This got me thinking. My VFFs, of which I have two pairs in which I spend most of my waling hours, no longer get "funky". I haven't noticed underarm odour for some time either. I've decided to conduct a personal experiment - no more deodorant until I start getting BO. A week should be enough to report success.

How many others have noticed this? Can anyone explain it?

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    optimizing zinc levels will reduce and for many, eliminate body odor.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

doghead is offline Senior Member
    A bad smell is a sign of something toxic/unwanted/rotten/negative/repulsive.

As there are no more of these substances going into your body, there is no reason for any of them, or their symptoms, to come out.
    - If it was cute and cuddly at some point, eat it. Ignore everything else. -

- Food is first, and foremost, nothing more than fuel. -

- The body is animal. The mind, however, is not. -

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely. And I haven't used soap in the shower for 6 months. When I wash, I come out feeling cleaner than I ever felt using bodywash and shampoo.

edit: Oh, you quoted me :P Erm.. yeah.. no new information in this post, then.
    Last edited by Grumpycakes; 09-12-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Tara is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    optimizing zinc levels will reduce and for many, eliminate body odor.
    Okay, this might be a stupid question, but how should I go about optimizing my zinc levels? It seems that no matter which deodorant I use, they all make my armpits smell chemically and almost worse than just regular BO. If I start taking zinc, how much should I start with? Thanks!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    Okay, this might be a stupid question, but how should I go about optimizing my zinc levels? It seems that no matter which deodorant I use, they all make my armpits smell chemically and almost worse than just regular BO. If I start taking zinc, how much should I start with? Thanks!
    Are you currently taking a multi? I get about 30 mg zinc per day from food/supplements. To supplement to those levels, I take a multi containing 15 mg and then as needed, take Now Opti-zinc which is in my supplements doc linked below. The Now supplement I don't take daily, just as needed.

Also, you can use Zinc Oxide ointment directly under your arms...not in place of the supplementation but in place of deodorant. Apply as needed after a shower, preferably at night so it has time to thoroughly absorb. Some will need to apply it every two days, some every 7-10 depending on zinc tissue levels.

You can 'test' zinc status using liquid zinc preparations like Ethical Nutrients Zinc Status. It gives you a very general idea of zinc status by testing your taste perception of zinc in solution.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I just use water in the shower now. No need for anything else.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Kat. I'm getting 45mg of zinc a day from an ACE/antioxidant multi that I take in a large quantity. But I've been doing that for a year now and the odour suppression is new. I think part of it may be an increase in animal fat in my diet

Tara is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Cillakat, sounds like I should probably just start taking a multi

zizou is offline Senior Member
    I've noticed a return of BO with me unfortunately. I think it's somethign to do with upping carbs. Low carb high fat and protein i don't think i was sweating at all, but now i have noticed i sweat a bit more and once again if i'm not careful will leave a smell, but i avoid putting on any deoderants etc...and would like to keep it that way.

Is there a link established between diet and odour?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast