Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for the Primal Women page

GrokInTheFog is offline Junior Member

Question for the Primal Women

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello,

I have been primal for about three weeks now (avid lurker, first post.) I am on birth control so I have a very regular menstrual cycle. But I just started my period today, a week earlier than anticipated. I am kind of freaked out. I searched the forums and saw a few posts that primal can mess with your hormones. I am wondering if I should be worried or just ride it out for a couple of months. No other symptoms except the standard ones. I would love any input.

Thanks!

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    I would never say the PB messes with your hormones; if anything it helps regulate them. I`m not on hormonal birth control and have always had irregular periods. Having started the PB, my periods are still irregular but much lighter in terms of flow and cramps so I`m not complaining one bit!

Lodini is offline Senior Member
    I have been on birth control for years and have had that problem many, many times... it never happened to me prior to birth control. No doctor seems to be able to explain it cause they have done every test known to man and nothing is wrong with me. But I can't give it up right now... the benefits outweigh the frustration!
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

superdeluxe is offline Senior Member
    A few questions:

1. Were you late with any pills in this cycle? Did you miss any pills? Did you have to double up?
    2. What pill are you on?
    Did you try to extend your cycle last month (ie. not taking the placebo pills but going directly into the next active pills after you finished the previous pack's active pills?)
    Il faut vivre et non pas seulement exister.

shannon is offline Senior Member
    actually pb regulated my cycle (have a happy period!) i know what that commercial means now!! i wouldn't worry too much, ride it out;-)
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

gfprof is offline Member
    Here's a question: are you strict about hormone-free meat and dairy? If you're loading up on the conventional kind, that could do it. On the other hand, once when I started eating meat after only 6 months of being vegetarian, I got mine after only 17 days. If PB was a drastic change in your diet, that could be it too. (The next one was normal, by the way!)

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrokInTheFog View Post
    Hello,

I have been primal for about three weeks now (avid lurker, first post.) I am on birth control so I have a very regular menstrual cycle. But I just started my period today, a week earlier than anticipated. I am kind of freaked out. I searched the forums and saw a few posts that primal can mess with your hormones. I am wondering if I should be worried or just ride it out for a couple of months. No other symptoms except the standard ones. I would love any input.

Thanks!
    I wouldn't worry about it. Just hormones shifting and adjusting as you're supplying more raw materials for the whole class of steroid hormones.

Here is my info....keep in mind that my data could Very well be confounded by my age (turned 40 in March).

Aside from pregnancy and nursing, my periods for the 15 years have been a consistent 28/29 days.

For me it was:
    1st month - 2 days early (27 days, should have been a 29day cycle as I have a 14 day luteal phase typcally)
    2nd month - on time
    3rd month - 5 days early? this one messed up everything (9 day luteal phase! 23 day cycle)
    4th month - on time, but because the other one was 5 days early, this came at the worst. possible. time. ever. arrrrrggggggh!
    5th month - ovulated TWICE - four days apart. which will likely make this whole cycle three days longer.

Who knows though;p

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

I am on Orthotricyclen low. Have been for about 5 years. I haven't ever had an off cycle, and I don't really every miss a pill (maybe once in the past 6 months). That's why this is so strange. I guess I am just wondering if it has happened to anyone else. I suppose I should go see my gyno, but I thought it might have something to do with diet.

Thank you all for sharing. Maybe I will wait and see another month or two, since I feel good otherwise. Wacky things happen when I stop stuffing myself with wheat bran!
    Last edited by GrokInTheFog; 09-12-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: bad spelling!!

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i don't really know why there would be a reason to freak out about possible hormone fluctuations with primal when BC is, last i read, synthetic hormones. i'm not being snarky, it just struck me as an odd worry. if it were me, and if i were on bc, i'd ride it out for a few months

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast