Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grain-Free Granola Bars! page

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Talking Grain-Free Granola Bars!

Shop Now
    I've been super-busy with my newborn Grokling, so I haven't been getting as much accomplished as usual... haven't been on the forums much either.

One thing I did get done today (while her dad was holding her) was post my grain-free granola bar recipe. One of my all-time most popular posts on my blog is a (conventional) granola bar recipe... feels good to have one up now that I can actually EAT. And want to eat. And it's DELICIOUS. And easy.

http://www.joyfulabode.com/2010/09/1...-granola-bars/

Hope you like it! If you do, please Tweet it, facebook share it, stumble it... I'd REALLY appreciate it!

Also? Keep an eye out on my blog... giveaway from Tropical Traditions (the coconut folks) is coming up soon.
    Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Excellent. Now, if you were to put that in the oven for a bit, you'd have Primal English flapjacks (in fact I might just try that very thing this week!) although for anyone wanting to try this, substitute about 1/3 cup butter for the coconut oil (at least - I'm a Brit, so I don't tend to do cups, I'll experiment.). Tell you what I'll experiment this week. I don't think coconut oil would bake very well...

Though I'll probably forget I've posted this (oh yeah, we don't have a pulsator - it broke! DAMN!)
    La tristesse durera toujours...

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Those look super tasty. When I have a few more options of nuts I am going to try them!

Nick "the Caveman" M. is offline Senior Member
    those look really good. going to have to make those soon.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Those look mighty tasty. I'm putting them at the top of my "new recipes to try out" pile.

I hope y'all like them! I am REALLY enjoying them. just ate another. mmm.
    My mum is visiting in a couple days (from the other side of the country) and requested them, so I'll be making them again tomorrow. Trying to decide what kind of nuts and fruit! I think dates would be amazing in them with the honey... maybe cashews too. mmm.

Violet, i have no idea how this could be "flapjacks" of any sort. I'm really interested to see what you mean!
    Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member
    Looks delicious! I haven't really made primal "sweet" snacks, mostly because I don't ever have honey on hand, but I think these would be great for a small finger-foods party I plan on having. How many servings/bars do you end up with using those proportions? Also, wondering if you've done a fat/protein/carbs calculation per bar. Thanks for posting!! (And for making me drool during an IF!)

nikalene is offline Junior Member
    This recipe is 10/10 AMAZINGLY GOOD!!! I made these last night with what I had in the house - Walnuts and Dried Apricots - and id have to say they are the best tasting bars I have ever had

My lot ended up making ~18 bars

About 16-20 bars, depending on how you cut them. If you're doing them as a bite-sized thing they'd make more of course!
    And I just posted a review/giveaway for the coconut on my blog http://www.joyfulabode.com/2010/09/1...edded-coconut/ ... if you want a free huge tub of coconut!

Walnuts/Apricots sound AWESOME.

soror is offline Senior Member
    Recipe looks great will absolutely have to try these!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast