Sesame Nut and Fruit Bars
My sweetie found this recipe in a magazine, and thought it would fit the PB food guidelines that I am following.
They are pretty tasty...
2 cups raw walnut pieces
1 cup raw white sesame seeds
1 cup dried tart cherries
1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
4 Tbsp. raw coconut butter
3 Tbsp. dark unprocessed honey.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line an 8" x 8" baking pan with parchment paper.
3. Spread the walnut pieces on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven, shaking the pan frequently, until the nuts just start to turn brown and become fragrant, ~ 15 minutes. Then, pull them from the oven and set them aside to cool.
4. Repeat the process with the sesame seeds for ~ 10 minutes in the oven. Remove them and allow to cool.
5. Place walnuts and cherries in a food processor, and blend until they start to clump together and form a slightly sticky mass.
6. Remove the walnut and cherry mixture, and combine it with all the other ingredients. Mix well by hand.
7. Place the mixture in the 8" x 8" baking dish, and press into a layer ~ 1/2" thick.
8. Refrigerate until cool, ~ 1 hour.
9. Cut into squares and serve. Store remaining pieces in the refrigerator.
Nice - I somehow have all these ingredients right now (just dried the cherries yesterday in fact). Thanks!