Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Health Diet page

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

The Perfect Health Diet

Shop Now
    Our book, Perfect Health Diet: A Dietary Program for General Good Health and Prevention of Disease, presents the reasoning and scientific evidence behind the Perfect Health Diet, with citations to the biomedical literature backing every point

http://2.ly/cx4j

Seems spot on. I'm interested in their take on fish oil supplementation.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I just got introduced to them today by The Healthy Skeptic and it all looks great. Tons of great information with.... valid citations. Wahoo! *raccoon dance*

My one beef is that it has yet to be demonstrated that methionine has anywhere near the effect on mTOR in humans as it does in mice. And since humans were primarily meat eaters for a long time it would make sense to have some sort of a smart feedback mechanism AND also to be able to utilize protein to our benefit far exceeding any downsides to increased mTOR from say, 20% energy rather than 10%. I bet that insulin levels and cholesterol levels tie into it as well and so I wouldn't just say 200 calories from protein and that's that. A high fat, low carb low protein diet is either seriously low in nutrients or seriously high in omega 6 so I'm having a hard time calling that "optimal". If all else fails I would just use gelatin which doesn't have methionine and the most nutrient-dense protein sources.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for sharing!!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SerialSinner View Post
    http://2.ly/cx4j

Seems spot on. I'm interested in their take on fish oil supplementation.
    No fish oil supplementation. Fatty fish instead.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    Is that the guy who thinks that all chronic disease is due to viral infection?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisous View Post
    Is that the guy who thinks that all chronic disease is due to viral infection?
    I don't think so but can't be certain.

Here is the Healthy Skeptic on Perfect Health. Helpful review.

http://thehealthyskeptic.org/my-new-...ion-and-health

I've seen Jaminet post comments on other blogs and he seems incredibly brilliant.

http://perfecthealthdiet.com/?p=430

It is this guy who thinks everything is caused by an infection. Well, brainiac that he is, he may well be right. Man, looks like I have yet another book to read!

Bought the book - love the idea of "eating what we are" - meaning even lean humans are mostly fat by calories. So when we "cannibalize" ourselves with fasting (which has been shown to improve rheumatoid arthritis, migraines, epilepsy, heart disease), it makes sense to consume the name nutrient ratios on a regular basis, because obviously there's no fasting forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisous View Post
    Bought the book - love the idea of "eating what we are" - meaning even lean humans are mostly fat by calories. So when we "cannibalize" ourselves with fasting (which has been shown to improve rheumatoid arthritis, migraines, epilepsy, heart disease), it makes sense to consume the name nutrient ratios on a regular basis, because obviously there's no fasting forever!
    It's interesting and of course very primal. The writing is disappointing though as it appears there are some huge content holes. Do they ever come back to the fructose issue? They touch upon it in the carb intro paragraphs then...*poof*. I haven't seen it again.

It is this guy who thinks everything is caused by an infection.
    Everything might be a bit of a leap but yes, they do believe that diet, toxins and infections contribute seemingly equally to chronic diseases. This is one of the problems I have with their framework. While infections like lyme and h. pylori certainly are problematic for those who've spent a lifetime in a state of vitamin D deficiency and eating a poor diet, it's unlikely that either of those things will be problematic for anyone who's been vitamin d sufficient and eating an optimal diet over time.

I haven't gotten to any vitamin D info but so far, I have yet to be impressed with anyone's handling of the importance of vitamin D or how to insure optimal vitamin D status. We'll see

Well, Mercola handles vitamin D reasonabley well but he's unbearable. I just can't ever recommend him any more.
    Last edited by cillakat; 09-13-2010 at 06:04 AM.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast