Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Health Diet page 31

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by MMMM FAT View Post
    After reading reviews on amazon I really don't see anything new compared to whats on here. Balance your 03/06 ratio, potatoes and white rice are safe, IFing is good, etc.
    If you actually read the book, you'd know it is pretty different - they recommend a decent amount of white rice and potatoes daily, as opposed to saying, "they're not that bad" to cite one major difference. For another they don't recommend high protein consumption, adn for a third they actively recommend some pretty extensive supplementation.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

MMMM FAT is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you actually read the book, you'd know it is pretty different - they recommend a decent amount of white rice and potatoes daily, as opposed to saying, "they're not that bad" to cite one major difference. For another they don't recommend high protein consumption, adn for a third they actively recommend some pretty extensive supplementation.
    Daily rice n taters ? Sounds fun, but to stay ripped off of that.......sounds like a challenge.
    Less protein??? How is a person to stay full on that
    Supplements......Not for me....I will take my grass fed beef, veggies, sweet potatoes, coconut oil instead

Im not being an ass, but wow does that sound like a challenge diet. Has anyone followed Marks advice and then tried the perfect diet???
    Last edited by MMMM FAT; 12-19-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    They recommend CENTRUM multivitamin supplement...WTH...LOL. That is one of the worst!!!! supplements you can possibly take.
    All lab produced, chemical crap the body can't use and taxes your liver.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    What a great thread (up until today of course). I miss the days of deep discussion of the merits of different nutritional approaches for obtaining optimal weight and healthy without attacks

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    nutrition "science" is frustrating. i was told to stay away from fish because of mercury. especially my son, who has some ADHD issues (and his bloodwork did imply a high level of mercury). and this guy asks to eat salmon for ADHD.
    Few but ripe.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Well, yes, you need the omega 3's, and also, yes, much fish is contaminated. I don't think sockeye salmon has issues with mercury, IIRC, so that would take care of both the mercury & the omega 3 issue.

The principles aren't contradictory; the reality that we have poisoned the oceans (the best source of many essential nutrients) is the problem.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

ozbuckley is offline Senior Member
    Hey I pre-purchased the "updated" perfect health diet book to be released in early December.

I'm wondering if anyone has the current version of the book in Kindle that they could send through to me while I wait til early december?

PM me if you have it

Would really appreciate it! Thanks!! = o)

n874 is offline Junior Member
    Pretty keen to check out the new book too haven't read the 1st yet...

Siren is offline Senior Member
    Okay. Spent the last 3 hours before bed last night and 5 hours this morning reading through this thread. I also spent 2 hours at the bookstore yesterday skimming through the book and writing down the key points. I've come to the conclusion: I'm going to try this. Here's why: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77462.html I'm aiming for 2000 calories a day, but I'll be starting slowly. I've been eating sweet potatoes pretty consistently (as I wrote in the other thread), but white rice & white potatoes have been largely off the menu. I'm thinking a 1/4 cup of rice to start, maybe one small, baked red potato, and some squash "pancakes" (GAPS diet-style) on the first day, as well as more coconut products, fermented veggies, and bone broths (Nourishing Traditions-style). Has anyone had any success with this in GAINING weight? I really need to get myself above 100 lbs. Please let me know, and I'll keep you all updated on my other thread if you're interested...
    "One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." -Virginia Woolf

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    If you want to gain weight, then I can think of no better way than to drink your calories. In a primal sense, this means LOTS of cream, and having fried food swimming in lard. (Eat it hot, since cold lard is the suck)
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast