Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Health Diet page 29

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    MamaGrok, bear in mind I probably "survived" the binge because I had 2 kinds of digestime enzymes on that night: a regular digestive enzyme + a gluten specific enzyme.

And if we're talking about cravings, I ate a LOT of cakes, pies and sweets, and I felt really guilty afterwards, so I'm probably worse than many of you were. On a side note, I got to full, so bloated that I'm sick of cake-carb cravings for a while.

I'm thinking about incorporating a once every 2 weeks or once every month carb-gluten fest (cakes). Life is short, and as long as I have some enzymes ready (general purpose and gluten specific), we'll be ok. I don't want to die frustrated without eating the stuff I wanted, even if it was just on occasion.

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    It's great and I'm envious that you can do that, JPA. I keep convincing myself I can have "just a little" (or more) "just this once" and every time, every dadblame time, it turns into 3 weeks of floundering and drowning until I can pull myself together, diet-wise, again.
    Same here. One "just this once" turns into 2 or 3 weeks of bingeing, every time. Plus it takes several days for my blood sugar to steady out again even from half a sweet potato, so a once a week dose of anything carby or sugary means several days a week stabilising.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

JPA
    Horsewoman, have you experimented with taking digestive enzymes? Maybe it would help the stabilizing? I use these two, again, an all purpose enzyme and specific for gluten:

Doctor's Best, Best Digestive Enzymes, All Vegetarian, 90 Veggie Caps - iHerb.com
    Enzymedica, GlutenEase, Digestive, 60 Capsules - iHerb.com (ja)

I think there are also products that help stabilize blood sugar levels.

Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    Horsewoman, have you experimented with taking digestive enzymes? Maybe it would help the stabilizing? I use these two, again, an all purpose enzyme and specific for gluten:

Doctor's Best, Best Digestive Enzymes, All Vegetarian, 90 Veggie Caps - iHerb.com
    Enzymedica, GlutenEase, Digestive, 60 Capsules - iHerb.com (ja)

I think there are also products that help stabilize blood sugar levels.
    Thanks, that might be worth a try. I did buy the Now ones with HCl and they gave me nasty acid reflux so I stopped those. But I haven't tried any others as all the others I could find in the UK were either too expensive or contained ingredients I can't tolerate. They are very expensive on top of all my adrenal supplements and the Mood Cure stuff I'm taking. Maybe when I come off those I'll try these instead.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

JPA
    iHerb ships to the UK, it just has to be below 18 or it's going to get nailed in customs. You have Big Vits but it's usually more expensive than iherb:

The Big Vit Shop

iHerb ships to the UK, it just has to be below 18 or it's going to get nailed in customs. You have Big Vits but it's usually more expensive than iherb:

The Big Vit Shop
    Ooh thanks I hadn't seen that one.

Harold Whitman

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I'm taking HCl, which is supposed to fix the underlying problem behind why digestive enzymes may be lacking in the first place, but I'm nowhere near being 'fixed' yet, that's for sure. I think enzymes will help, but not eliminate, the problem, since there will still be endorphin & blood sugar & gut bacteria issues behind the cravings. I do plan to do them if I still have problems after reaching my personal 'max out' point with the HCl.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

JPA
    Just to add that the 18 are the total value of the products you may order. Shipping is not included (so it could be up to 18 + shipping - whatever it may be to ship to the UK). And you have to be below 3lbs (1.360 grams) in order for them to ship you stuff.

These folks from the US have it easy... they can order as much as they want, as heavy as it may be and as expensive a package as they want.

I'm stuck with having to order stuff almost one by one (buying Artisana's butter for example). Other examples (outside iHerb) is me not being able to order the quest protein bars people are talking about in this thread: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29645.html, which are low carb. It would be 30 bucks just for shipping alone.

I wish I had relatives in the US. Poor me *sob*

=)
    Last edited by JPA; 05-10-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Just to add that the 18 are the total value of the products you may order. Shipping is not included (so it could be up to 18 + shipping - whatever it may be to ship to the UK). And you have to be below 3lbs (1.360 grams) in order for them to ship you stuff.

These folks from the US have it easy... they can order as much as they want, as heavy as it may be and as expensive a package as they want.

I'm stuck with having to order stuff almost one by one (buying Artisana's butter for example). Other examples (outside iHerb) is me not being able to order the quest protein bars people are talking about in this thread: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29645.html, which are low carb. It would be 30 bucks just for shipping alone.

I wish I had relatives in the US. Poor me *snob*

=)
    Awww, there there.

I get most of my supplements from Ebay, or sellers I have found through Ebay. And I found a good value source of amino acids just by googling. But yeah it would be nice to be able to get more cheaper stuff.

Harold Whitman

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Mamagrok and Horsewoman, do either of you supplement with chromium? I've heard great things about its success in controlling blood sugar issues and cravings. It is also one of the supplements recommended by the Jaminets. Fortunately carb-cravings have never been an issue for me, I can eat pork rinds and liver pate till it comes out of my ears, but cakes, cookies, etc, I never give a second thought.

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast