Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Health Diet page 28

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    As a woman, I'm talking about 2-3 small/medium potatoes. Five would also make my stomach burst, but half a small one is just teasing.
    Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Yes starch doesn't seem to be a problem for me either, although I don't do well with lots of fruit for whatever reason; I have my theories but that's all they are. I suspect if I ever became a fruitarian I would end up like this guy A 100% Raw Vegan Success Story | Free The Animal Berries are awesome, though.

Mashed sweet potatoes in butter and coconut oil with salt, pepper and onion powder! *dance*
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Paul Jaminet recommended to have like 3 bananas everyday with 2 tomatoes and 2 potatoes for my fatigue (potassium deficiency maybe he said). So yesterday I ate 3 bananas. Today I woke up nice, more energy and all.

I'm also probably one of the guys who can handle a lot of fruit and carbs. Bear in mind that when I say 5 sweet potatoes I'm talking about 5 medium sweet potatoes, not those huges ones. My combined meal (lunch) was probably 1500 calories, with the meat, veggies, whey and strawberries, so... yeah.
    Last edited by JPA; 05-09-2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: edited potatoes for tomato juice

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    Paul Jaminet recommended to have like 3 bananas everyday with 2 tomatoes and 2 tomato juice cups for my fatigue (potassium deficiency maybe he said). So yesterday I ate 3 bananas. Today I woke up nice, more energy and all.

I'm also probably one of the guys who can handle a lot of fruit and carbs. Bear in mind that when I say 5 sweet potatoes I'm talking about 5 medium sweet potatoes, not those huges ones. My combined meal (lunch) was probably 1500 calories, with the meat, veggies, whey and strawberries, so... yeah.
    LOL and I ate half a sweet potato on Saturday and am still not back to steady blood sugar. We certainly are all different in how well we handle carbs!
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Good grief, even salsa makes me crave-y. Three bananas and all that tomato would send me on a beeline to the Krispy Kreme.

Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    To me it means being about to reduce carbs and/or fast without discomfort. I can vary carb intake tremendously at this point and not suffer (ie no low carb flu) when I fast or drop carbs very low.

My body had to figure out how to operate on ketones, how to access glycogen, how to produce glucose if needed - and it did. Just took a long freaking time.

There still is that pesky little tidbit though regarding starchy carbs triggering my appetite - just just cravings b/c I can crave something even without being hungry. Starches actually make me *hungry* though I do eat them, timed carefully to be followed with planned dosing of adderall. Yeah. I know.
    Okay, so I've never had carb flu. Dropping to VLC has never made me feel like I was sick, although it does usually involve a day or so of orthostatic hypotension, esp. in the morning, but nothing more. I don't know whether I'm ketoadapted or not. I just know that I *think* VLC makes me a bit more likely to bound off the wagon when I have a tiny indulgence, and that higher carb amounts make me more likely to have that indulgence in the first place, although seemingly less likely to go nuts if I do, unless it's continued. Lose-lose, lol. I have no idea what to do.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Good grief, even salsa makes me crave-y. Three bananas and all that tomato would send me on a beeline to the Krispy Kreme.

Okay, so I've never had carb flu. Dropping to VLC has never made me feel like I was sick, although it does usually involve a day or so of orthostatic hypotension, esp. in the morning, but nothing more. I don't know whether I'm ketoadapted or not. I just know that I *think* VLC makes me a bit more likely to bound off the wagon when I have a tiny indulgence, and that higher carb amounts make me more likely to have that indulgence in the first place, although seemingly less likely to go nuts if I do, unless it's continued. Lose-lose, lol. I have no idea what to do.
    Yeah and low carb makes me fatigued and depressed (SAD this year was a killer), but higher carb messes with my blood sugar. Also lose-lose. I keep hoping there's a balance to be found that will work, but I don't know if that's true or not.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Moderate carb is working for me. I feel better and more energetic, but not cravy. I have not started eating any more since I upped my carbs than I did before. Mind you, I don't think I have any candida issues. If I did, that might be different.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    How about you let yourself go one day every 2 weeks or so? I had a huge binge last saturday at a party eating lots of meat AND lots of cake, pie and chocolate (basically a wheat, grain and sugar fest).

But I'm here, and I'm alive, and I've dropped the water weight I've gained from that. Not only that, I felt more energetic because of it afterwards. Just make sure you have a digestime enzyme ready when you embark on a binge like that, especially if you're not used to eating gluten for a good period of time.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Not noticing any radical differences between VLC and adding in some rice starch, and some sweet potato. Not cravey, no reigintion of my fat loss.

Haven't followed the PHD supplement recommendations yet. Very busy. Maybe I'll give VLC another whack in a few weeks or so, or maybe not. Very busy.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    It's great and I'm envious that you can do that, JPA. I keep convincing myself I can have "just a little" (or more) "just this once" and every time, every dadblame time, it turns into 3 weeks of floundering and drowning until I can pull myself together, diet-wise, again.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast