Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Health Diet page 21

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hear hear Stabby. You don't need to lose weight to get healthy, you need to get healthy to lose weight.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    The general mindset of someone trying to lose weight is that they would like as much of it gone as quickly as possible, but as always with everything it is the sustainability of things that ultimately matters. When we make health numero uno we put ourselves on the best possible path for the future.
    I agree with all you've said up to a point, but these 50 extra pounds I'm carrying around scream "GET THIS THE FUCK OFFA ME!"

Experimenting with more starches is cool, and everything, but being fat sucks possum balls dude. I can't even really explain it to someone who ain't been there. (And hey I'm down 75lbs, whoohoo... people meeting me for the first time don't give a shit.)

Thanks for all your help on this thread.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I'm not disagreeing at all. I'm just saying it is a rather unusual approach. I like it, I think it fits what I've worked out for myself better than any other single approach. I'm going to need to do more research with regard to vitamin supps - I hate taking pills, both the idea of it and the taking of them, and there is plenty of research suggesting that supplementation outside of natural sources doesn't do too much. So that aspect I need to study more.
    The other thing I find interesting is that this book doesn't seem to be generally understood within the community as a "paleo" diet book, but it most definitely is. It's just not a carnivore apologist book or a macho book.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    . The general mindset of someone trying to lose weight is that they would like as much of it gone as quickly as possible, but as always with everything it is the sustainability of things that ultimately matters. When we make health numero uno we put ourselves on the best possible path for the future.
    I think this is why I have been successful. When I started my journey 2+ years ago I told myself it/I would be OK if I stayed obese as long as I got and stayed healthy. Healthy, for me, was determined in terms of CRP, fasting BGL, fasting insulin, thyroid function/symptoms, pain relief, and improved functioning.

All of those markers have improved. An added bonus was a polyp free colonoscopy, as 5 year ago I had one villous adenoma. Colon cancer, obesity, diabetes, and Alzheimer's run rampant in my family. A perk of getting healthy has been a 60+ lb decrease in scale weight.

Another perk has been finding this site, it's well informed members, and being challenged to grow, learn and re-adjust my thinking/beliefs/practices on a daily basis.

Thank you.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Y'all carb-headed starch munchers seem to be a lot happier in this thread. Maybe I can read Internet-vibes or something. Anyway, good on ya.

(I eat rice many times a week)
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Maybe I can read Internet-vibes or something
    We will designate you the Virtual Paleo Palm Reader and Spiritual Advisor.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Agreed on the possum balls. Additionally, I feel like I need to lose weight STAT not for myself, but b/c my loved ones will not listen to one word I say until I stop being fat. And their health is deteriorating so fast, I feel sure at least one of them will be dead within a year or two (hope I'm wrong).

At any rate, I've been losing steadily no matter what my carb intake was, so long as grains are gone. Until this last month. Being beaten down by people I love offering sweets I love and not being able to resist. :headwall: I'm slightly increasing my carbs now; we'll see what happens.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    I agree with all you've said up to a point, but these 50 extra pounds I'm carrying around scream "GET THIS THE FUCK OFFA ME!"

Experimenting with more starches is cool, and everything, but being fat sucks possum balls dude. I can't even really explain it to someone who ain't been there. (And hey I'm down 75lbs, whoohoo... people meeting me for the first time don't give a shit.)
    I hear you on this. I've used to be 85lbs heavier which is great, but I've still got 45lbs to go. I really wanted it to be gone ASAFP too, but doing low-carb primal (sub 50) as recommended by Mark did absolutely nothing, I lost and gained the same 5lbs for 7 months. It wasn't till I started PHD by increasing starch and IFing that I started losing, so far over 8lbs in 4 weeks.

For me PHD + 6 hour eating window = Win!

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    I'm looking forward to reading this book, it's next on my pile. I've just finished reading The Leptin Diet and had a fair few lightbulb moments with that one. Another piece for the jigsaw.
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Just a thought I had now... does dark chocolate count as a real carb for the PHD? How about nuts? I just had a whole bunch of cashews, brazilian nuts and dark chocolate with my lunch.

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast