Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Health Diet page 17

ciep is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey ini, which spartan are you doing? There's one on 6/4 and another on 6/5. I'm thinking about registering too, let me know!

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Can raw goat milk be considered good carbs?

I bought 2 liters of it yesterday to make some farmer's cheese (failed) so now I have a lot to drink. I already drank almost a liter yesterday.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    Can raw goat milk be considered good carbs?

I bought 2 liters of it yesterday to make some farmer's cheese (failed) so now I have a lot to drink. I already drank almost a liter yesterday.
    If it works for you, then fantastic! However, it won't have the benefits that starch *might* have (Jaminet and Tarfur have extremely different views on this) and it definitely doesn't have the benefits that some of the dark/bright veggies would have...

But again, if it is working ok for you, then there is no reason to toss it.

Best,
    Katherine

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

JPA
    What are your views on the safer starches if you were to consume them?

By the way I wanted to send you a PM and your box is full.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    She prefers if you just use the e-mail option.

My view is that safe starches are beneficial to a degree. This whole low carb thing of "there are no essential carbohydrates!" misses the point since it is more costly to the body to turn amino acids and other substrate into glucose (de novo lipogenesis) than it is to simply eat the glucose. If we time it correctly we can reap the benefits of a ketogenic diet without actually having to eat a ketogenic diet. 100g of starch in the evening and then a fasted workout in the morning followed by more starch in the evening seems to work well for me. Ketosis serves an important function for the body by prompting the body to use junk that was just getting in the way before (autophagy). The best autophagy is with no protein too so Perfect Health Diet suggests something like a day of nothing but coconut milk and butter every week.

Obviously some people like epileptics should always be in ketosis but for the rest of us it is better to get enough carbs to fuel our workouts and some of the brain, but not all of the brain, just the important bits that need glucoe like the hypothalamus.

Confusing, I know. Eat some starch, but not too much starch.
    Last edited by Stabby; 04-26-2011 at 10:08 AM.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

JPA
    So for someone like me who eats just lunch and dinner (2 meals), for a proper sleep and overall well being, we should consume more carbs in the evening?

What are the Jaminet's views on number of meals per day?

likwidoxigen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    Hmmm. Interesting?
    Anyone else lose more weight eating more than 50g of carbs a day?
    And how much fat loss are we talking here? Because I'm not down to that "last 10lbs." i've got more like 50lbs. to go at this point.
    I think I've had a similar experience but I've been making so many changes that I have to do quite a bit more exclusion before I can say for sure. I'm currently off of my daily coffee and wasn't able to do that without requiring a nap until I hit 70g carbs a day. I also recently started adding in coconut oil in and that seems to be helping out a whole ton, but again, I can't be positive.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    So for someone like me who eats just lunch and dinner (2 meals), for a proper sleep and overall well being, we should consume more carbs in the evening?

What are the Jaminet's views on number of meals per day?
    I would say so. I favor fasted workouts in the morning and carby meals in the evening to fuel them the next day. I don't know their views on number of meals but they are in favor of inducing autophagy, and 2 meals per day wisely timed like yours are does that. Just make them no more than 6 hours apart.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    A day of nothing but coconut milk, and butter... um. Yuck. Do you actually follow that one Stabby?

I've been wondering about the 2 meals a day thing. I'm in school now, so when I wake up at 6a the last thing I want is food. But come 9a if I haven't eaten it's a struggle. Timing all of these things can be very aggravating, not to mention eating while away from the kitchen. (6a and 11p being the times I'm near my kitchen on an average day.) I am spectacularly bad a brown bagging my meals. (The meals are awesome, they just end up on the kitchen counter.)

I'm still in information absorption mode, so I am finding this thread fascinating. I'm used to eating a lower carb PB way right now, so the new paradigm is going to take a minute.

Although I did experimentally eat a sweet potato, and my wang didn't fall off yet, so I'm still taking a "wait and see" approach.

JPA
    PrimalCon New York
    Thanks Stabby. I'm currently on a 16/8 window.

In the Jaminet's opinion, if I were to follow it, it would be like a 18/6 feeding window instead?

By the way don't be afraid of sweet potatoes, I just read a bunch of people on this forum saying they had this or that and only had one sweet potato. I just had 2 yesterday in a 2000 calorie meal along with a king mackerel, salad, spinach and a massive whey protein shake with strawberries, goat milk and chia seeds. If I were to die today, at least I have enjoyed my last meal yesterday.

I still have a long way to go though - knocks on wood three times.

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast