Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Health Diet page 13

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So let's see here. Today was:

Noon: Mega-fatty lamb chops -350 calories. 150 calories of protein, 200 or so of fat
    300 calories sweet potatoes
    Chug 300 calories of coconut milk

Gelatin powder with shredded coconut, fruit, jam and other things. I sometimes put macadamias in there, sometimes cinnamon, etc. 120 calories of gelatin protein. 150 of fat and 100 or fruit

Dinner: salmon. Probably about 150 calories protein and 200 of fat
    A salad with a lot of spinach and some other stuff (negligible calories, probably)
    Olive oil 200 calories of fat
    200 calories of butter on the salmon

These are just my guesses, by the way. I don't actually measure except for in some cases like olive oil.

1250 calories of fat
    400 of carbohydrate
    420 of protein with 120 being gelatin and not applicable (in my opinion, not theirs that I know of. They just say eat gelatin and keep it to 15% protein) or so.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Interesting.

....and DAMN YOU! Now I want lamb chops!

I'm sorry, I understand how compelling lamb is. I was trying to fast along with Jimmy Moore when he did his but I watched this EpicMealTime video and broke the fast an hour later. YouTube - Puzzle of the Lambs - Epic Meal Time

That was a sweet video and some pretty metal imagery. You would appreciate it, unless it makes you want lamb even more.

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Stabby, doesn't that seem like very little food you eat based on that example?... The Perfect Health Diet concepts are sound, I'm just really not comfortable with departing from my meat and fish. I've been upping my carbs in the form of carrots and sweet potatoes. I figure these are good sources of carbs?

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    The gelatin sounds like a good idea and something my kids would like too.
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    Stabby, doesn't that seem like very little food you eat based on that example?... The Perfect Health Diet concepts are sound, I'm just really not comfortable with departing from my meat and fish. I've been upping my carbs in the form of carrots and sweet potatoes. I figure these are good sources of carbs?
    LOL I read it and thought "damn stabby's a fattie"

You can eat meat and fish... I think it's just important to make sure there is lots of fat and enough carbohydrate which it sounds like you are doing

muaythaimike is offline Senior Member
    I'm also trying to get more gelatin in my diet. I only weigh 67kg (147lbs for those in the US) so I wouldn't need as much protein or calories as the majority of the people on this forum. I get around 1.3g protein per kg (80+g/day) and so it isn't that hard to stay within reason with protein intake. I mix up my sources too and eat organs, fish etc often so am unlikely to get high amounts of methionine etc.

I try and eat stock every day now for the gelatin and other good stuff, but have no idea how much of it I am getting on a daily basis. I would try gelatin powder but it seems like you would miss out on a lot of the other good stuff in stock?

P.S. The PHD guys do seem to eat a lot of gelatin because they like to use stock and eat boney parts of animals.
    "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    So let's see here. Today was:

Noon: Mega-fatty lamb chops -350 calories. 150 calories of protein, 200 or so of fat
    300 calories sweet potatoes
    Chug 300 calories of coconut milk

Gelatin powder with shredded coconut, fruit, jam and other things. I sometimes put macadamias in there, sometimes cinnamon, etc. 120 calories of gelatin protein. 150 of fat and 100 or fruit

Dinner: salmon. Probably about 150 calories protein and 200 of fat
    A salad with a lot of spinach and some other stuff (negligible calories, probably)
    Olive oil 200 calories of fat
    200 calories of butter on the salmon

These are just my guesses, by the way. I don't actually measure except for in some cases like olive oil.

1250 calories of fat
    400 of carbohydrate
    420 of protein with 120 being gelatin and not applicable (in my opinion, not theirs that I know of. They just say eat gelatin and keep it to 15% protein) or so.
    you must have a high rollin job to eat salmon and lamb chops... damn, i need to find a sugar daddy

Canned salmon, so cheaper. Also I used to spend $7 at subway for lunch every day while 2 New Zealand grass fed lamb chops costs $3.5 so things tend to work out nicely. Yay New Zealand.

I could probably eat more but I don't ever feel like it. No point in eating more without the appetite for it.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I am curious about other ways to eat gelatin powders if anyone has any ideas...
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast