Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Health Diet page 12

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just finished reading through this thread. I ordered the book today (since my library didn't have a copy!) and am looking forward to reading it. I am so happy to read the positive reviews of the book. I am trying to read enough so that when Stabby, Mal, and cillakat talk, I can kind of understand what they are saying :-).

Carrie

stephenmarklay is offline Senior Member
    I am not sure that any diet is perfect. I do however really like some of the ideas and logic of the book. Good read.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    200cal of protein? Really?

I think I inhale 200 calories worth of protein in the form of spiders as I sleep every night...

Stabby piqued my interest in what they have to say, and I think it's an excellent reminder to knock out all the refined oils, and crap that you can't avoid if you don't cook your own meals.

But I don't think I'd like eating potatos over eating a steak.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post

I think I inhale 200 calories worth of protein in the form of spiders as I sleep every night...
    wait.. you sleep? how do you find the time to 'interpret' people's posts? (and provide us with lulz)

on topic. White rice doesn't provide much nutrition, that is true, but I do think that there are ways in which starch can have a positive hormonal effect on the body... but then I suppose the question is, why not sweet potatoes/potatoes/etc.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post

Actually in the book it says 15% of calories, so 75g based on a 2000 calories diet. However most of the criticism of protein has to do with a few particular amino acids, none of which are found in gelatin. So what I have been doing is eating one meat meal, one with some eggs or a bit of fish and one with bone broth or gelatin powder.

Shou-ching is Asian, and probably accustomed to eating rice. I wouldn't expect them to eat tons of it, just to eat some of it. Indeed tubers are for all purposes superior foods.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    Shou-ching is Asian, and probably accustomed to eating rice. I wouldn't expect them to eat tons of it, just to eat some of it. Indeed tubers are for all purposes superior foods.
    ha yeah, i just didn't want to be the one to go there

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Heh. It's all right to go there. My Jewish mother will never part with Jew-bread. I convinced her to make it with alternative flours though.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

I spend a lot of time with asians, so the white rice thing doesn't phase me. You'll pry it outta their cold dead hands...

Although maybe not in perfect health most of them aren't obese (the asians I know, and see on a regular basis) so hey.

Still, how many calories are in pound of beef? Because I eat 2-3 pounds a day, plus pork, plus eggs, plus fish... you get the idea.

I'm not about to eat half a steak... ever.

I do very much like bone broth though.

How do you eat your gelatin Stabby?
    Last edited by DarthFriendly; 04-20-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    Actually in the book it says 15% of calories, so 75g based on a 2000 calories diet. However most of the criticism of protein has to do with a few particular amino acids, none of which are found in gelatin. So what I have been doing is eating one meat meal, one with some eggs or a bit of fish and one with bone broth or gelatin powder.

And since the majority of your calories are coming from fat, how are you consuming it?

I am very curious about all of this, and am definitely looking into their supplementation recommendations.

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast