Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 323

Thread: The Perfect Health Diet page 10

  1. #91
    JPA's Avatar
    JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    427
    Primal Fuel
    So what's the bottom line with this diet? Major fat percentage, little protein and 400 calories from carbs?

  2. #92
    gordo's Avatar
    gordo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    So what's the bottom line with this diet? Major fat percentage, little protein and 400 calories from carbs?
    No grain. No vegetable oil. No fructose. No legumes.

    A minimum of 600 calories from starch + protein.
    A maximum of 600 calories each from starch and protein.
    The rest from fat, primarily saturated fat.
    Periodic ketogenic fasting.

    Gordo

  3. #93
    JPA's Avatar
    JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    427
    Are there examples of a typical eating day or foods? How do you get so much fat and so little protein? I love meat...

  4. #94
    gordo's Avatar
    gordo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    712
    Fatty cuts of meat. Coconut oil or butter on your veggies. It's actually pretty easy to do.

    Perfect Health Diet A Sample Meal: Salmon and Mashed Sweet Potato

    Gordo

  5. #95
    Stabby's Avatar
    Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stabsville
    Posts
    2,463
    Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    Are there examples of a typical eating day or foods? How do you get so much fat and so little protein? I love meat...
    Based upon a 2000 calorie diet it would be 75g of protein, which affords 2 reasonably-sized protein meals per day.

    Although gelatin, bone broth and anything else that yields collagen and other connective proteins may be added on top of that. Not something they say in the book but something that stands to reason from their reasons for protein avoidance.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

    Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

  6. #96
    MightyAl's Avatar
    MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Quad Cities, IA
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    Fatty cuts of meat. Coconut oil or butter on your veggies. It's actually pretty easy to do.

    Perfect Health Diet A Sample Meal: Salmon and Mashed Sweet Potato

    Gordo
    Nice. That is exactly what I had for dinner last night. I guess I have been erring towards the Perfect Health Diet these past few months. I was thinking I wasn't getting enough fat but I guess I was wrong. Perfect Health definitely has an interesting slant to it.

  7. #97
    Stabby's Avatar
    Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stabsville
    Posts
    2,463
    Fat is key. The less we run our body on glucose save for in athletic situations the better. And if we are keeping carbs low but not getting enough fat we will catabolize proteins to become glucose, and that is just the same as eating carbs, worse even. So definitely more fat is good.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

    Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

  8. #98
    doug's Avatar
    doug is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    Based upon a 2000 calorie diet it would be 75g of protein, which affords 2 reasonably-sized protein meals per day.

    Although gelatin, bone broth and anything else that yields collagen and other connective proteins may be added on top of that. Not something they say in the book but something that stands to reason from their reasons for protein avoidance.
    They are definitely big fans of bone broth on the blog. I don't think they include bone broths in their protein calorie totals so you are probably right. They also don't count low glucose veggies so the 600 calories of protein+carbs may actually be much higher depending on your preferences.

  9. #99
    JPA's Avatar
    JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    427
    What kind of more starchy vegetables do they want us to eat? Is broccoly or cauliflower starchy? I'm not a native English speaker...

    Probably they mean carrots, and sweet potatoes? I can have those. How about potatoes? I'd like to avoid regular potatoes, and "empty" rice.

    How about diary? I love eating cottage cheese occasionally. That's basically the only cheese I'm eating lately. And I also eat some organic yoghurt on occasion.

  10. #100
    Stabby's Avatar
    Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stabsville
    Posts
    2,463
    Listed are sweet potato, yam, potato, white rice, and taro. I will add squashes. They say not to count stuff like broccoli because it is so slowly absorbing and has to little carbs the glucose will likely be devoured by gut bacteria.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

    Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •