Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Health Diet page 10

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So what's the bottom line with this diet? Major fat percentage, little protein and 400 calories from carbs?

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    So what's the bottom line with this diet? Major fat percentage, little protein and 400 calories from carbs?
    No grain. No vegetable oil. No fructose. No legumes.

A minimum of 600 calories from starch + protein.
    A maximum of 600 calories each from starch and protein.
    The rest from fat, primarily saturated fat.
    Periodic ketogenic fasting.

Gordo

JPA
    Are there examples of a typical eating day or foods? How do you get so much fat and so little protein? I love meat...

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Fatty cuts of meat. Coconut oil or butter on your veggies. It's actually pretty easy to do.

Perfect Health Diet A Sample Meal: Salmon and Mashed Sweet Potato

Gordo

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JPA View Post
    Are there examples of a typical eating day or foods? How do you get so much fat and so little protein? I love meat...
    Based upon a 2000 calorie diet it would be 75g of protein, which affords 2 reasonably-sized protein meals per day.

Although gelatin, bone broth and anything else that yields collagen and other connective proteins may be added on top of that. Not something they say in the book but something that stands to reason from their reasons for protein avoidance.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    Fatty cuts of meat. Coconut oil or butter on your veggies. It's actually pretty easy to do.

Perfect Health Diet A Sample Meal: Salmon and Mashed Sweet Potato

Gordo
    Nice. That is exactly what I had for dinner last night. I guess I have been erring towards the Perfect Health Diet these past few months. I was thinking I wasn't getting enough fat but I guess I was wrong. Perfect Health definitely has an interesting slant to it.

Fat is key. The less we run our body on glucose save for in athletic situations the better. And if we are keeping carbs low but not getting enough fat we will catabolize proteins to become glucose, and that is just the same as eating carbs, worse even. So definitely more fat is good.

doug is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    Based upon a 2000 calorie diet it would be 75g of protein, which affords 2 reasonably-sized protein meals per day.

Although gelatin, bone broth and anything else that yields collagen and other connective proteins may be added on top of that. Not something they say in the book but something that stands to reason from their reasons for protein avoidance.
    They are definitely big fans of bone broth on the blog. I don't think they include bone broths in their protein calorie totals so you are probably right. They also don't count low glucose veggies so the 600 calories of protein+carbs may actually be much higher depending on your preferences.

JPA
    What kind of more starchy vegetables do they want us to eat? Is broccoly or cauliflower starchy? I'm not a native English speaker...

Probably they mean carrots, and sweet potatoes? I can have those. How about potatoes? I'd like to avoid regular potatoes, and "empty" rice.

How about diary? I love eating cottage cheese occasionally. That's basically the only cheese I'm eating lately. And I also eat some organic yoghurt on occasion.

Listed are sweet potato, yam, potato, white rice, and taro. I will add squashes. They say not to count stuff like broccoli because it is so slowly absorbing and has to little carbs the glucose will likely be devoured by gut bacteria.

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast