Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supplements page

ahhgrr is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Last month, I started taking Omega IIIs, recommended by my doctor (conveniently about the same time I was going to go ahead and start taking them anyway) since my blood pressure remains borderline high. Also 100mg. of CoQ10 daily.

The fish oils I'm getting have a crap-ton of EPA/DHA in them on the recommended dosage, so I'm pretty happy with those. The CoQ10 was in an isotonic powder at $60/pop (30 days' supply). I re-ordered and will get a gelcap this time ($48).

I'd also like to add a good magnesium supplement to the mix, but I'm wondering if anyone's using either the Master Formula or the Eades Daily Regimen (those are the two high-test supplements I'm eyeing as likely candidates)?

I guess the question is, is it worth to go all-out, or just address a few things with supplements, the rest via food?

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

I think you know where I stand on this.

And not just because I sell the supplements.

I attribute a good deal of my health and level of fitness to taking a daily high-antioxidant profile supplement.

BTW - You may or may not know that I give the fish oils away for free (90 gel caps/bottle) when you go on autoship for the Master Formula. It looks like you are paying more than half the cost of MF for just two supplements (MF has 51 ingredients)... and the MF has 150 mg of CoQ10 per daily dose - not 100 mg.

I don't mean to get all sales pitchy here. I never want this forum (or this site for that matter) to come across like a big ad, but if I haven't developed the most complete and cost effective antioxidant supplement on the market I don't know who has.

As I explain on PrimalNutrition.com:

Living a healthy ďevolvedĒ lifestyle in this high-tech modern world isnít easy. We all try to eat right, exercise appropriately and control stress. But the reality is, this world weíve created conspires at every turn to make us look and feel old, ill, and weak. We breathe polluted air, we stress about bills, traffic and the economy, we donít always get enough sleep or exercise, we donít always eat as we should, and when we do, even the best natural foods are not as abundant in micronutrients as they once were. Some of the most critical nutrients are missing entirely - and itís only getting worse as the commercialization of food continues to spiral out of control. Taking a daily high-potency multi-vitamin-antioxidant supplement is essential.

---

Food first and then supplementation for full protection.

You can read here for more info:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/defin...pplementation/

ahhgrr is offline Junior Member

Sweet, right from the source!

I guess my one question lands on fish oil volumes -- the stuff I've got now, at 4 capsules a day, runs at 1800mg of EPA, and 1200 of DHA. Do I lose something by dropping down to half that?

And the followup would be, is whatever I "lose" worth the extra $$$? Since an autoshipped MF + Omegas is the same money as the Omegas I have now plus a SINGLE supplement!

Thanks!

(Oh, and I realized that I have not yet placed the reorder.... so there's still time to switch.)

hfox is offline Junior Member

Both Mark's Master Formula and lower-budget option are out of my price range, but I still want to start taking a daily multivitamin for many of the reasons that Mark has raised both on MDA and in the _PB_.

Do you guys know of any guidelines to follow when trying to choose a decent daily supplement? Are there certain mainstream brands that anyone has found to be particularly good? Certain ingredients to watch for and avoid?

As for Magnesium, I have a local healthfood store that sells a basic Magnesium powdered drink. I take it daily and it keeps me regular.

I would highly suggest still taking a Magnesium supplement on top of any mutli-vitamin that you may be utilizing.

murat Guest

Stupid question Mark: What is auto-ship? I have seen this on the web site, but there was not any explanation (or as usual, I was just being blind, but I have really searched). From France where I live, I can not make a sens from this expression, sorry.

Murat

Auto-Ship means that the system will keep your credit card on file and once a month it will 'auto-bill' your card and immediately send you a new shipment so that you do not have to do anything to re-order the product.

Jedi is offline Member

thread hijack.

Murat, you live in France, cool, I didn't think there were an other PBers here

murat Guest

Thank you SassaFrassa for the precision. I envy MDA's supplements but they are quite expensive for my budget too (I must also count the transport in the cost). But I have difficulty to find good quality reasonable prices supplements in France. So, I was tempted but remained perplexed by this autoship issue. It is clear now.

Bonjour Jedi, It was not completely a hijack as you can see, since my question was quite connected to Sassa's one ;-) In order not to completely hijack the thread, I will immediately post another one calling PB's from France.

Regards,

Murat

Biglee Guest

Murat New Chapter is a excellent vitamin,it's base is from organic foods and has pro biotics in them. It's a great company that is well respected in the health food community. Garden of Life and Soloary are great companies also.

Eventualy Im going to buy the Master Formula from Mark once money is a bit looser on my end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast