Thread: PB and Rheumatoid Arthritis page

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

My mother has had a RA for the past six years and although the doctors will not officially diagnose her he experiences all the symptoms. Her condition is getting progressively worse and its affecting her life in so many ways. Shes having a very hard time walking and is constantly in pain. She has to go to work everyday to support herself because the doctors will not diagnose her to keep her away from being able to receive a disability help. It kills me to see her go through that and not being able to help very much.

Shes tried many things to stop or try to reverse the process, but everything so far has been very disappointing. I wonder if PB would make a difference.

Ive told her about PB in the past but shes convinced that people who have RA should avoid meat as much as possible. I guess thats what the doctors have been recommending for the longest time.

Im wondering if anyone here has had experience with RA and switching to PB lifestyle. Were there positive changes? Would you recommend a PB to someone with Rheumatoid Arthritis.

I would really appreciate Marks input on this one as well.

maba is offline Senior Member

I empathize with you CC69. As I've mentioned here many times before, I see family members having some health issue or other and none of those expensive drugs that their Dr.s prescribe is helping them. We had a discussion here on RA before, let me look for that thread.

Sorry, it was OA, but I'm sure some of the suggestions might be helpful for your mom as well.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...osteoarthritis

maba is offline Senior Member

CC69, just yesterday I read somewhere (forget where) that paleo diet cures RA. You might want to look into it.

SeanBissell is offline Junior Member

The Paleo diet's theory on RA and also Multiple Sclerosis is that substances in grains, (especially wheat) called "lectins" can strip your intestinal lining.

The lectins can actually get through your intestines and pass into your bloodstream.

When they pass through, they can drag along bacteria.

Your T-Cells (responsible for a great deal of immune response) look at the bacteria and attack it, and then remember it's construction so it can attack anything that looks like it in the future.

==============

The problem?

==============

To your T-Cells, some bacteria looks like your joint tissues, and some bacteria looks like your mylean sheath (the destruction of which causes MS.)

When your T-Cells get confused by the foreign bacteria, they can start attacking your joints, or mylean sheath (or who knows what else) and over time it degenerates it and causes disease. Like RA or MS.

Many people who have adopted a paleo diet have either halted or reversed their RA or MS.

Here's part 1 of 7 of a speech by Dr. Loren Cordain on the subject. (It's kind of long, and technical. But a good video series to watch.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhkmDHLCUEs

Hope that helps!

-Sean

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

WOW! This is very interesting. Thank you very much, guys.

I'll forward this to my mother.

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Go on the GAPS diet. Your gut is compromised, leading to autoimmunity.

(don't be scared of the source of this article. GAPS is not associated with any religion, it was created by a neurosurgeon)
    GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome)

Healing Rheumatoid Arthritis on GAPS Diet: Elli Sparks 01/11 by BethWiles | Blog Talk Radio
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.