Thread: Sprinting for Speed page

federkeil is offline Senior Member

Sprinting for Speed

Shop Now
    I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to improve my speed for sports? I'm talking 10-20-50 yard distances.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    1) Sprint. For speed improvement, you should stick to no more than 500 yards per session. For instance, doing 12 40-yard dashes, 10 50-yard dashes, etc., will be excellent. Give plenty of rest between the sprints to allow full recovery so that you can give maximum effort for each sprint.

2) Plyometric training can improve explosiveness. Jumps, etc., can help with that, and the short explosiveness can aid in your acceleration off the line.

3) Bounding and quick feet drills will lengthen stride and increase the power given with each step, respectively.

4) Practice your starts and make sure your sprint form is pristine.

Erm... oh. Hill sprints work great too. That's just a small starter.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal