Thread: Anyone own Runamocs? page

NutMeg is offline Senior Member

Anyone own Runamocs?

I really want a pair. I am totally on the VFF thought process, but I am afraid of my little toes getting too cold in the coming months. I do want something that is more 'barefoot' though. So Iw as wondering if anyone had tried runamocs and what they thought of them? Will they keep me warmer, or warm enough as we get into winter? I know no minimalist shoe will do for dead winter here, but something that can get me through the first few months?

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    I do - but I have the lights with the street sole. Not sure how deep into the winter they will take me, but hopefully we don't get much snow They are very comfy and look fine with jeans.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    I have a pare of their ramblers that I like a lot but I think I will need a slightly smaller size (of runamoc) for running. I will be in Oregon where they are located looking at property next month so I am going to stop in and have them look at my feet to figure out what size I might need.

I was thinking of getting the trail sole since I am in Alaska and a bit more sole might be good, especially if I use them for hiking. I am planning on getting the leather ones, since they will probably be warmer.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    They are very helpful on the phone. Give them a call.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    I had to send back my first pair - I used their sizing guide and the shoes that showed up were pretty big. Sent them back for a size down.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    The company is wonderful. The shoes I bought are useless to me. At over 200 lbs (dropping) with 4E feet, they don't work. I got the thin soles. The trail ones would be better. If you weigh half what I do, you might not mind the rocks. I do. Sand and other junk gets in them constantly.

For around $20, you can get water shoes. They work fine. I wouldn't use the same ones for water and land. But they are cheap.

I would rather that my shoes were made in Oregon not China. But it is very hard to find shoes made anywhere besides China. Another option is Chuck Taylor All-Stars. Unfortunately, they don't make wide or narrow shoes.

Water shoes surely won't be a warm as leather over the next few months. I may just get a pair of the winter shoes and call it a day, then wait for spring to order the running shoes.

slacker is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm trying to work my way into minimal footwear and got a pair of Ramblers recently. They are great. I was worried about wetness getting through from wet pavement, but it has not been a problem. They don't advise machine washing them, but I tried it and had no problem.

I will probably try the Runamocs eventually. Right now I am liking the fleece innersoles fine.

For those who don't know what we're talking about, go here.
    Last edited by slacker; 09-18-2010 at 11:32 PM. Reason: add url