Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grass fed meat in Europe? page

jimpag is offline Senior Member

Grass fed meat in Europe?

Primal Fuel
    Anyone know of any website that ships grass fed meat to/in Europe?

Karna is offline Junior Member
    Yes I would like to know the answer as well. I am from Denmark and we can get quite a lot of organic meat (especially at www.aarstiderne.com) but I am not sure it organic also means grass fed.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Karna I'm also from Denmark Organic isn't 100% grassfed, no meat from Denmark is since the cows cant graze in the winter. Organic means they are allowed to graze when possible, and I believe their winterfeed is a mix of hay and corn and possibly some other things, so partly grain. Its most likely the best you'll be able to get. I'm personally on standard meat, and I'm convinced its still superior to the american grain fed stuff.

To the OP I don't know any website or something, but you may want to check out online butchers from Ireland or New Zealand since their meat is most often raised traditionally and hence grass fed.

jimpag is offline Senior Member
    I normally live in sweden, and there I have find 2 websites that shipping grass fed beef in Sweden, maybe they ship to Denmark aswell, I will see If I can find the website. Now im living in malta though, and those sites couldnt ship there atleast.

I mean I dont even know if its possible to ship meat from one country to another, when its from a bussiness to a private person, with customs rules etc, anyone knows the rules for those stuffs?

Hej Pandadude! So great to meet someone from Denmark going primal! I am looking for some sort of paleo/primal community in DK - if there exist such a thing - do you know of any?

Jimpag - yes - please share your websites from Sweden. Not sure about the custom rules either.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    As far as I know, no primal/paleo community exists in Denmark The health epidemic isn't as major here as it is in the US (yet), probably because our stable foods (potatoes, whole grain breads) aren't as processed compared to the american white flour + sugar + sweetener freakshows. We might have a more conservative mindset aswell, or maybe the same % of paleo people as in the US just results in an invisible amount of people in Denmark with our lower population density and such.

I do know Robb Wolf is doing a seminar in Denmark though, but it is fairly expensive (too expensive for a student like me to justify going), here's a link to the post: http://robbwolf.com/2010/06/29/paleo...minar-denmark/
    He gets a lot more technical than Mark Sisson, and his reccomendations are a bit more specific depending on what your goals are... but it's still the paleo gig. I would personally be very satisfied with meat from aarstiderne.dk and I doubt you can get better quality in sweden either (same problems with grass not being available year round). I'd also note that wild game such as deer is very primal, as is fish bought at a real fish stand.

Thanks for sharing.

I'll stick with Aarstiderne which definately has some delicious meat - just tried their "Skafte Kotelet". Wauw - it was good!

And yes - the paleo gig is pretty expensive. Some of the cross fit training centres might as well have a local crowd of paleo/primal people.

Mangrove is offline Junior Member
    Air-dried reindeer meat should be readily available from Norway, Sweden or Finland.

pallady is offline Junior Member
    Hi, im from europe too. Has anybody found out where to buy/order grass fed meat in Europe?

JonesJitter is offline Junior Member
    In Sweden they have grass fed beef from 'KC-Ranch' in the supermarket ICA Maxi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast