Thread: Something I've Learned from My On-Again, Off-again Primal Experience page

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member

Something I've Learned from My On-Again, Off-again Primal Experience

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am very fascinated to realize that when I eat primally, my hunger signals are very easy to receive and respond to appropriately.

When I am on the SAD-SUGAR-WHITE FLOUR roller coaster, hunger signals are all messed up. It's very difficult to tell whether I'm physiologically hungry or eating for comfort and stress relief. The drive to eat is often raging no matter how much I've eaten, and I will often respond to stress by eating and don't feel truly satisfied until I am so full I am uncomfortable.

That just doesn't happen eating primally. Not one bit. Hunger is hunger, stress is stress, and I have the emotional room to respond to the stress more appropriately because it's so easy to tell that I am not hungry and food won't help.

Getting off the roller coaster feels pretty good.
    Sooze

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Hey there! I've been wondering where you got off to. Glad you're back!
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Thanks for stopping by!

I've had the wickedest time. Both of my children (almost-19 and 20 years old) have been very, very ill and the stress has been unbelievable. Recently, I have suffered increased arthritis pain and I just got fed up. I came here for inspiration and lo and behold, the 30 day Challenge! Knowing I would feel better, I just dived right back in. It's nice to see you again, too; thank you for the welcome back!

Sooze

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    Hi, I hope you can stick to it, esp after making those observations yourself about the differences. Good luck!

rki
    rki is offline Senior Member
    Amen! I've been trying to figure out why my life stress doesn't feel so stressful when I'm eating Primal--and I think you explained how it feels just perfectly. And, of course, good for you!

Leanne is offline Senior Member
    When I am on the SAD-SUGAR-WHITE FLOUR roller coaster, hunger signals are all messed up. It's very difficult to tell whether I'm physiologically hungry or eating for comfort and stress relief. The drive to eat is often raging no matter how much I've eaten, and I will often respond to stress by eating and don't feel truly satisfied until I am so full I am uncomfortable.
    So this wasn't all in my head! Apparently other people have noticed it too. I used to go all day without being hungry then eat a large portion of pasta for dinner and often go back for a second serving (low fat and whole grain and all that yadda yadda that was supposed to be doing me some good) and still be searching for things to snack on for the rest of the night even though I would be uncomfortably full.... I don't know if it is the protein in higher quantities or the fact that eating non processed, whole foods has more intense flavour profiles but I notice that I am satisfied without being stuffed after eating much less for dinner then I used to.

QuietlyPrimal is offline Member
    Ahh - me too! I love that I can really tell if I'm actually hungry. In fact, I don't even really get that "fake" hungry sensation anymore. It's absolutely liberating to not have to think about it anymore - you know, the whole "hmm I'm hungry. But, I just ate an hour ago. Maybe I'll wait a bit...Nawww *scarfs down 10 pretzel rods*" heh.

I'm so glad to know others having this liberating relationship with food now! It's such a relief to not feel ragingly hungry all the time.