Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Employer's Wellness Plan page

leera21 is offline Member

My Employer's Wellness Plan

Primal Fuel
    OK,so I have to do these things online to earn points to get a discount on my health insurance for 2011....well I looked at their "healthy menu" for weight loss....and it is almost entirely soy based...."tofu cream cheese" "shelled edeamame" "light soy...." can you say ick?

I've never been a fan of soy,but their plan has soy in every meal....

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Your company have shares in a soy manufacturing business? Yes, I most certainly CAN say a big "ICK!!!!" to that! EWWW!!!

Thank the gods that we don't have to do the same over here (not that I work, but I can imagine that not (m)any would want to eat a diet like that for a HI discount!)
    La tristesse durera toujours...

leera21 is offline Member
    Luckily it's just a suggestion and not a requirement......and no where in there does it list bacon or beef....

There are several ways to earn the points,so I have other options.

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Well thank the gods for that, then! I'd hate to think you'd have to go through all that just for a measly HI discount!
    La tristesse durera toujours...

I had to do an online health assessment quiz to get a discount on my 2011 health insurance, too. Fortunately, I just had to do it, and the score didn't really count for anything. The diet questions were funny because it asked about how many servings of whole grains I ate a day (zero), how many servings of dairy (0), and what kind of fats I cooked with.

The fats question was especially weird because the choices were essentially a list of unsaturated fat sources, half of which came from icky vegetable oils, or a list saturated fat sources some of which were clean and some of which were transfatty like shortening. I had to choose "some of each", but I really wanted to choose "all of the real things on the list, and none of the fake ones", which wasn't a choice.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Yuck. Tofu cream cheese is just creepy.

My MIL has one of those plans where she can earn points, and she gets most of hers by logging her bicycle rides. They have a limit per month, so normally a week or two into each month (after she's done a couple 30-50 mile rides just for the heck of it, and biked to work most days) she's already at the limit, lol. But she definitely saves some money!
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

mizski is offline Senior Member
    Don't people just lie on those tests giving the answers that you KNOW they want?

I would have lied if my score affected my premium. However, since just the act of doing the test counted, I wanted to be defiant.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leera21 View Post
    OK,so I have to do these things online to earn points to get a discount on my health insurance for 2011....well I looked at their "healthy menu" for weight loss....and it is almost entirely soy based...."tofu cream cheese" "shelled edeamame" "light soy...." can you say ick?

I've never been a fan of soy,but their plan has soy in every meal....
    Tell them you're allergic to soy and that they need to provide a different alternative.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My employer gave us $100 for doing a brief health screening (cholesterol fingerstick, BP, BMI) and filling out a questionnaire on diet, exercise, etc. Luckily, everything was confidential. The questionnaire is part of a software package that then gives you all kinds of health coaching by email. It automatically creates goals for you based on your answers; one of my goals is to "eat more whole grains". Um, thanks for the $100, but I think I'll get my health coaching here at MDA instead.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast