Thread: Exercise - initial motorvation page

tallguy Guest

Shop Now

Hi guys + gals,

Have been primal for approx 4 months now, love the food, the mindset, the community. The only problem I am having is the initial energy for exercise.

As soon as I start exercising the energy is there, no problem, it is just the initial 'thought' of doing the exercise. When I was non-primal I was having no problem with the gym, cycling etc. Maybe it's a mental thing i need to get over ?!?!?!

I am eating maintenance level - protein 180g, carbs 100g, fats 200g

Any comment would be appreciated.

Regards

Tallguy

James17 Guest

Hey Tallguy! Maybe it would help if you joined a sports team or you planned exercise with your friends. It might not always be fully primal-type exercise but it'll sure be better than nothing!

frogfarm is offline Member
    trudgin' across the tundra, mile after mile

If you're not lacking for energy during the workout itself, I'd agree it sounds more like a mental issue. What was your previous routine like and does your current one differ significantly? What sort of exercises are you doing, and on what schedule? Do you eat before or after, or work out in a fasted state and eat later?

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

I found that designing my own workouts helped. I would look forward to trying them out, you know? It also might help you to keep track of your workouts by recording your reps and sets. That way, you might look forward to it because you know you're WORKING towards something, and then reward yourself when you've hit a specific goal. Or, sometimes I don't even think about exercise. I put it into my schedule and I just DO it, no questions asked. If I don't set myself a designated time to work, I often lag around for awhile and then do it eventually, which sounds like your issue. Good luck, make it fun!

eyeshield9 is offline Junior Member

I'm actually manic-depressive so when I set my mind to going to the gym I end up not going. When I feel set on definitely staying in, that's when I rebel and lift. The lazier I get, the more productive apparently

C2H5OH is offline Senior Member

eyeshield, didn't primal blueprint cure you of depression? that's depressing...

I will be normal. I will be NORMAL again
    Yeah!

grandma is offline Member

@tallguy, I so get that. Getting that motivation to get off the computer and going outside to throw a rock around is very hard to come by. I need to make it a habit somehow. As Jess said I keep thinking that if I spent more time studying it and learning more I might get more interested. But I can't get off the starting point.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Catalina is offline Member

I agree with James about planning exercise--if you've made a date with a friend, you're more likely to do it. If you've made and paid for an appointment with a personal trainer, you're even MORE likely to keep it. And I'm with you--I always feel good after I've done it, have a horrible time getting going unless I have scheduled it with someone.