Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The weight vest thread... page

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

The weight vest thread...

Primal Fuel
    I'm in Northern NJ and amazingly, I can't find shit on craigslist for either NJ or NYC, nobody's selling a vest of at least 60lbs adjustable weight.

All sports stores I've visited seem to carry up to 40 and those go for around $110-130

I found this one ebay, with shipping it comes out to around ~125: http://cgi.ebay.com/ZFO-70LBS-Adjust...item4a9b03f094

But that's 70lbs adjustable.

Is anybody familiar with this brand? If I had weight plates I'd make some sort of DIY weight belt but I don't... I can't yet do 70lbs added weight but it's a good number to work up to.

Any other sources for cheap but durable vests? I'm really looking to get the most bang for my buck, so far this is the best deal, I tried www.weightvest.com and their prices are way too high. If anybody in tri-state is selling one of at least 60 for UNDER 120 I'd consider that too.

doghead is offline Senior Member
    I am also in search for an affordable yet reliable weight vest. There are a couple on Amazon that are pretty cheap but I question their durability/comfort.
    - If it was cute and cuddly at some point, eat it. Ignore everything else. -

- Food is first, and foremost, nothing more than fuel. -

- The body is animal. The mind, however, is not. -

haris is offline Junior Member
    Make your own maybe? Here's one made out of old hockey shoulder pads.
    http://www.home-gym-bodybuilding.com...ight-vest.html
    Another option would be an old PFD, take out the flotation foam, slide weights in.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Never heard of the ZFO brand.
    I would suggest that if you are looking at dropping that kind of money you may be better off investing in a plate set and a bar in the long run.
    What are you planning on using the vest for?

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    I have a 45 pound narrow/short from weightvest.com (you can adjust it to lower weight if needed)
    I caught it on special for $100... it's great quality; I would have paid full price. The thing will last forever.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I am really tempted to get one of these. I could use a 100 pound one. I think it would make the bodyweight workouts very challenging and really increase the muscular development. However, $300 is pretty steep, but if you use it regularly, then it's worth it. Doing pushups, dips, pullups, chinups and squats with one of these on would probably be as effective or more so in some ways than pushing a bar around.

Based on my little research, I think the wegithvest.com brand seems to be the best for the money. I think the 100 pound short vest would work for almost all of my needs. The long 150 pound might be good if I ever get to that level, but that would be a long time off.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I'll have to look to see the brand on mine. I picked up two for $100. I've got 75lbs stuffed in mine but it's busting out at the seams too.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    I'll have to look to see the brand on mine. I picked up two for $100. I've got 75lbs stuffed in mine but it's busting out at the seams too.
    Haha. Yeah, I was thinking of cheating and buying a cheaper 50 pound vest and stuffing it over that once I got to that level. You just convinced me not to.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Mine uses regular plates though. I have a 25 and a 10 in the back and two 10's in each of the front pouches. I just wanted a vest not a bunch of little weights.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast