Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The weight vest thread... page 3

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just found this one at Z-fitness: http://www.4fits.com/index.php?main_...roducts_id=262

I wonder if it's any good since the price is so dramatically lower than the other brands.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    I just found this one at Z-fitness: http://www.4fits.com/index.php?main_...roducts_id=262

I wonder if it's any good since the price is so dramatically lower than the other brands.
    That's the same one they have on e-bay (as a buy it now item, so it's new) the one I was looking at was 70lbs. I only want a higher weight so that I have something to work up to. I plan on using it for all types of bodyweight work but most specifically for chin ups as I'm trying to increase my strength in that and also trying to work towards a muscle up, also if I can get to the point where I'm doing weighted muscle ups that would be awesome.

If I had more money I would go for one from weightvest.com, I mean, I guess it's a worthy investment but 300 just kills right now... thanks for the input fellas.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    I went ahead on got the 80 pound one for a total of $169 including shipping. I will report back as to the quality of it. 80 pounds should be plenty for a long time. I will probably only use 20-25 pounds at most initially with upper body and use about 50 for lower body workouts. This will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    I went ahead on got the 80 pound one for a total of $169 including shipping. I will report back as to the quality of it. 80 pounds should be plenty for a long time. I will probably only use 20-25 pounds at most initially with upper body and use about 50 for lower body workouts. This will be interesting.
    Please report back!

I was thinking that I'm going to wait a little on the weight vest and start doing more one-arm or one-leg work. I'm going to start progressing into one arm chins, pistols etc. I figure there's still plenty to be done with just bodyweight alone. I'll probably still get a vest soon, but going to wait and see if a used 60pounder pops up...

ReclaimtheApex is offline Junior Member
    I've been looking around as well and by what everyone says, the cheaper vests will fall apart or aren't as comfy as the weightvest.com type. I don't mind putting money down on something of great quality and will get lots of use. No bad reviews for weightvest...

Dag this thread is old. I'm laughing looking at my goals, but at least I'm still pursuing them.

As luck would have it, a friend sole me his vest from weightvest.com a 50lb vest for $100 and I've been using it a lot.

I need to work outdoors more often or join a gym already. I think my home workouts are limiting mostly due to the height issue. I have a door frame bar at my apt and do hang rings from it but I can only do a few things from it, dips and some holds. Pull ups or anything where I'd be hanging off them (except front and back lever progressions) require me to tuck my legs so it's hard to work on any explosive movements like the muscle-up ... and I'm not strong enough for a no momentum muscle up yet.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Weigtvest dot com is high in price, but it's great construction. I've had mine for almost 7 years now and it looks nearly new.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123