Thread: Almond Butter Balls page

BoyPrimal is offline Senior Member

Almond Butter Balls

Primal Fuel
    A great site like this, I'm sure someone else has posted something similar before. Almond Butter Protein Balls.
    It's a very versatile snack. You can adapt it to whatever bits and pieces you want to throw in. My awesome healthnut mom makes these things, and I've started doing the same. I've never put down a recipe before so forgive the inexact science of these things; I don't have any real measurements created:

1 Jar of Almond Butter
    A handful of nuts. A handful of seeds.
    Some of chopped apricots and/or dates.
    Shredded coconut
    Spirulina Powder
    Anything else you can think of! Before I went primal I used to stuff these things with oats and molasses as well. Sometimes I add flaxseed oil.

Basically spoon the almond butter ( or any nutbutter ) into a mixing bowl, throw in whatever, and make sure to include some sort of powder ( spirulina, maca, something to counter the sticky almond butter. )

Take that big hunk of goodness and split it up into little bite sized balls. Put them on a plate, cover in foil, and stick it in the freezer. After about a day when they've hardened you can take them off the plate and put them into a ziplock freezer bag or something. They make great anytime snacks.

Viking is offline Senior Member
    I'm imagining this and wondering if it will be sweet enough. Is it supposed to be sweet or savory? If sweet, maybe 1/2 to 1 drop of stevia liquid per bite-sized ball would work.

Duh, obviously, sweet would work better because of the coconut and sweet fruits already there... I am SO helpful!

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Flax seed meal instead of flaxseed oil will help it stick together.

BoyPrimal is offline Senior Member
    I love them in their savory, nutty glory. Hasn't even occurred to me that they need sweetening =p

Leanne is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hmmm.... wonder if I could get my husband to give up Reese Cups if I made something like this and rolled them in unsweetened cocoa powder?
    The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison

Vancouver Island Primal and Paleo Living <<< join our Facebook Group