Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gene reprogramming sure, but this doesn't seem possible. page

Hedonist is offline Senior Member

Gene reprogramming sure, but this doesn't seem possible.

A few months before starting this primal stuff, I took an online reaction time test. I was doing lots of online sword fighting. Reaction time is essential. Mine sucked. The test is here.

Average reaction time is .215 second. Under .2 is very fast. And .3 is slow as molasses. I tried the test a number of times. My average was about .33. LOL. Statistics are here.

Reaction time is supposed to be genetic. I read that you can only improve 10-20%. More information.

This week, I took the test several times, scoring around the average. I even got one score of .2.

So, I believe in genetic reprogramming. But this seems hard to believe. I hadn't been practicing, not that it would matter. I used the same computer. Same mouse. Everything the same. Can PB have done that? Try it yourself now and after a few more months of being primal.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    I was in the 0.2's too! Been primal for over 30 days.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    I don't know about online stuff, but my reaction times in real life have definitely improved.
    Things like dropping a key ring, only to scoop them up mid-air after they've only fallen a couple of inches (and not over-reacting and bouncing them back out of my hand!). Stuff like that.

I've done a lot of martial arts in my life, so I'm very aware of the times I've been laggng a little---and since PB, that isn't very often.

It makes sense, though, if you think about it. Reaction time is dependent on nerve function, and if the nerves are working optimally, you'll be maximizing your potential there.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Well I've just tried tat and I'm SLOW! 3.6!!! Tried again clicking a key rather than the mouse and got down to 2.7. I think the problem is, my mouse isn't eating primal.....

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    I have had HORRIBLE reflexes/reaction time my whole life. Like, if someone were to throw me a set of keys or small ball and I try to catch it with one hand it will bounce off my hand before I even start to close my hand. Going just primal and using my 20% didn't change that. Since going primal with no gluten in my 20% there has been a big change though. I feel that gluten was doing that to me. I can now catch keys with one hand almost all the time

doghead is offline Senior Member
    Who is to say that your genetically programmed reaction time was not always a .2? And the only thing that was slowing you down was the SAD diet?
    - If it was cute and cuddly at some point, eat it. Ignore everything else. -

- Food is first, and foremost, nothing more than fuel. -

- The body is animal. The mind, however, is not. -

megalodon is offline Senior Member
    I have just averaged 0.199 and i use to consider myself fairly slow.So maybe PB does sharpen you up.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Huh. A coupla months ago, I was averaging around .27 on tests like those. Just ran it and got an average of .225, lowest being .208. Maybe there is something to that.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    well i've just tried tat and i'm slow! 3.6!!! Tried again clicking a key rather than the mouse and got down to 2.7. I think the problem is, my mouse isn't eating primal.....
    rofl

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Who is to say that your genetically programmed reaction time was not always a .2? And the only thing that was slowing you down was the SAD diet?
    Actually, I haven't eaten SAD for many years. I was on a conventional healthy diet. And no wheat. The only things that have changed are somewhat less starchy carbs (I do eat some rice, corn, oats and white potatoes), a bit more fruit and veg, lots more vitamin D, and lots of saturated fat. I was already doing the rest of primal pretty well. These few changes have had a massively positive effect on me. Yay

My guess is that getting enough saturated fat is the big factor behind improved reaction time.
    Last edited by Hedonist; 09-11-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast