Thread: East SF Bay Primal Workout - An Invitation page

Karma is offline Senior Member

East SF Bay Primal Workout - An Invitation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Greetings groks and grokettes,

I just wanted to throw this out there if you are interested. It's a great way to get your speed work in for the week and have some fun at the same time. I am the instructor. It's free to attend. I don't get paid for more people coming or anything, I'm hourly. I do think it is more fun with a large group though. Norma would appreciate an RSVP, but you can just show up too. YOU have to supply your own bike and stationary trainer; I will supply the instruction and cool tunes. The entire workout includes only 15 minutes if high intensity work, the rest is recovery effort. Trust me, you need it.

WHAT: Tuesday Night Spin Class Series: Tabata Intervals (vo2 max series)
    WHEN: Tuesdays, Sept. 14-Nov. 2, 6:30pm-7:30pm, rain or shine (Set-up starts at 6:15pm)
    WHERE: Sports Basement. 1881 Ygnacio Valley Road, Walnut Creek, CA (Across from Heather Farm Park)

Just in time for Cyclocross and Cross Country Ski Season! Join USA Cycling level II certified coach Dave Stark for this eight-week bicycle training program designed to boost the maximum capacity of your body to transport and use oxygen during exercise. Tabata Intervals are named after Izumi Tabata, Ph.D., a researcher at Japan's National Institute of Fitness and Sports. Dr. Tabata's research showed short, high-intensity intervals to be more effective than longer, moderate exercise for eliciting improvement in both the aerobic and anaerobic system. Bring your bike, your stationary trainer and a towel to soak up the sweat and join us for this high-energy interval workout! To RSVP, please email Norma Stark at nstark@sportsbasement.com.

Dave

Cmitchell500 is offline Junior Member
    Oh gorgeous, Walnut Creek has a Sports Basement? I'm way south bay, silicon valley, so I doubt it'd ever line up :\ But should I ever be in the area at the right time I'll certainly check it out.

Bump for the wekend crowd. Class series starts in two days. I just spent the evening last night mixing the music for all of the sessions. It's gonna be a fun time!

Week Two starts tomorrow night. All abilities welcome. 7 more weeks to go!