Page 1 of 415 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page

winencandy is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal (winencandy)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I started the Primal Challenge on Sept 7. I was keeping a print journal, but I've decided to post it here instead. Hopefully that will help keep my focus and maybe give me some encouragement.

I'm 46, 5'1" and I weigh about 150 lbs (I don't own a scale)

I've been eating about 60 / 40 % primal for several months, but not following the rest of the "Laws". It's time to get serious. This challenge couldn't have come at a better time.

Oh yeah, my name - Wine and Candy. Together. At the same time. Not very primal. Guess what my 40% is

1st Year in Review - Posts # 1866-1873
    Last edited by winencandy; 04-28-2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: added Year in Review #s so I can find them easier

Day 1, Sept 7

#1 Food
    Harvey's Grilled Chicken Salad with Balsalmic Dressing (I was shopping with my sister)
    Beef Stew, Concord Grapes, Nuts, Dark Chocolate, Fish Oil

#2 Avoid Poisons
    I had the salad instead of a burger

#3 Slow Moving
    Retail Therapy. 1st day of school and I don't have a teaching job this year

#4 Lift Heavy
    PBF body weight
    40 Wall Pushups
    40 Assisted Squats
    20 Elevated Jack Knife Presses
    Cut the grass with a push mower

#5 Sprint
    8 short sprints with Lily (my Papillon)

#6 Sleep
    Not so good. 12:30am till 8am. I stayed up reading a book.

#7 Play
    Nope, unless you count sprints with Lily?

#8 Sunlight
    While I was cutting the grass

#9 Avoid Stupid Mistakes
    I think so

#10 Use Your Brain
    Not really, I was shopping. I tried to avoid thinking, I didn't want to dwell on the no job thing.

Day 2, Sept 8

#1 Food
    Stir Fry Veggies with Greek Dressing and Feta Cheese
    Nuts, Pear, Brie, Concord Grapes
    Fried Hamburger and Tomatoes, Caesar Salad
    Dark Chocolate (about 30g)

#2 Avoid Poisons
    No pasta with my hamburger, no croutons in my salad, no chips in the evening when my dh had some.

#3 Move Slowly
    Not today. A depressed, sit on the couch day.

#4 Lift Heavy
    PBF Body Weight
    30 Wall Push Ups
    5 Assisted Pull Ups

#5 Sprint
    Nope. See #3

#6 Sleep
    Didn't happen. My Papillon Lily decided to guard something under the deck and she wouldn't come in. I waited up until 1:30, then I left the door open and went to bed. At 2 she decided to come in. She hopped on the bed and Josie (my other Papillon) decided to get in a fight with her. I put Josie in her crate and then finally slept. Up at 9. I guess it's a good thing I don't have a job

#7 Play
    Nope. See #3

#8 Sunlight
    Nope. See #3

#9 Avoid Stupid Mistakes
    I think so

#10 Use Your Brain
    Nope. See #3. There was nothing to take my mind off of school today. I watched 2 movies. But I did surf the net and read about cleaning cast iron pans. I also assembled a floor lamp I bought yesterday.

Day 3, Sept 9

#1 Food
    Stir Fry Veggies with leftover Hamburger & Tomatoes
    Fried Egg, Turkey Bacon, Broccoli, Tomatoes
    Concord Grapes, Prune Plums, Dark Chocolate

#2 Avoid Poisons
    I had a Tall Tazo Chai Latte from Starbucks.
    This is the 3rd day in a row I haven't had wine with supper

#3 Move Slowly
    While I was getting the oil changed in my Gecko Green VW Beetle, I took Lily for an hour long walk around town.

#4 Lift Heavy
    PBF Body Weight
    5 Assisted Pull Ups
    20 Wall Push Ups
    20 Assisted Squats

#5 Sprint
    One little sprint in the park with Lily

#6 Sleep
    Better. 11:30 to 9am

#7 Play
    Just with Lily in the park.

#8 Sunlight
    I hour walk with Lily & then I ate lunch outside and read for 15 minutes.

#9 Avoid Stupid Mistakes
    I avoided a car accident today when I took my daughter to the doctor's for her ACL surgery check up.

#10 Use Your Brain
    I thought of some Photoshop lesson ideas for a friend who is teaching it for the first time.

I ordered the Primal Blueprint today.
    Last edited by winencandy; 09-09-2010 at 07:23 PM.

I read rainbowfirefly's journal today and had to reply to her.

She tends to place her "whole worth as a human on what that number is on the scale. I DO NOT WANT TO LIVE THERE!!"

I realized that I place my whole self worth as a human on my job. And I DO NOT WANT TO LIVE THERE either! Although I know that is wrong and I'm trying to change it, its not that easy. Especially right now, as I was just told that I was the "unsuccessful candidate" for the perfect (in my eyes) teaching job. So now I'm facing a year of supply teaching. I'm hoping this challenge will shift my focus back to where it should be, on me as a whole person, not just what I do.

I was extremely low last week, and at the start of this week, BUT I am NOT letting myself stay there!

I will read TWfunguy EVERY DAY! Twice if I have too!

And rainbowfirefly's journal.

And Naiadknight's.

And Flaming Andromeda's.

Any any more I can find

Right now I think I'll go play with my Papillons!

#1 Food
    Soup: onion, carrot, cauliflower, coconut milk and Thai seasoning, fresh Thai Basil from my garden.
    Stir Fry: pork loin, onions, carrots, green peppers, bean sprouts, garlic, ginger, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and some coconut milk soup added in for flavour.
    Garden tomatoes, Father in Lawís blue plumbs.
    Dark Chocolate. White Zinfandel.

#2 Avoid Poisons
    Couple (OK, 3) glasses of white zinfandel wine. Well, it is Friday, and I was good all week. Oh, and probably too much dark chocolate. They go together.

#3 Move Slowly
    I searched all over my house for my sonís missing university books. I finally found the textbooks, but I think my dh burned the notebooks.

#4 Lift Heavy
    PBF body weights
    20 elevated jack knife presses
    5 assisted pull ups
    40 wall push ups
    30 assisted squats

#5 Sprint
    8 short sprints with Lily (my Papillon)

#6 Sleep
    Midnight till 7:30, but I stayed in bed until 8:30. One of the luxuries of having teenagers and no job

#7 Play
    With my Papillons. Lily kept asking me to come outside today. Itís hard to ignore a cute Papillon.

#8 Sunlight
    I ate lunch outside and I got more sun while I was playing with my Papillons. I had one of my glasses of wine sitting outside reading a novel.

#9 Avoid Stupid Mistakes
    I stopped at 3 glasses of wine (so far). No rice with my stir fry.

#10 Use Your Brain
    I gave my friend some more ideas for her Grade 10 Comm Tech class and for her Grade 9 Tech class. I tried to teach Josie (my Papillon) to count the kisses she was giving me. Semi successful, but I taught her to stand still while I trimmed her nails. Huge success!!

A better, more positive mood today.

I got wrapped up in reading Cillakatís journal. I guess I need Vitamin D.

rainbowfirefly is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for your reply in my journal!

I find that I place my worth on too many things outside of myself...specifically how other people think about me (about my job, my weight, blah, blah, blah...). I realize that my journey in this life is about finding balance, learning to accept myself and getting over my self-centeredness. It's not an easy process. If there's one thing that I've learned in my life though, it's that when something I've been counting on (a job, housing, a relationship, whatever) falls through it's because there's something else out there that's SO MUCH better! I've experienced it!

Maybe you didn't get the job you wanted, but whose to say that if you did, you'd be happy there? It may have worked out to be the absolute worst job you've had! Who's to say? Anyhow, I'm glad to hear that you had a better day today and it sounded like quite luxurious that you were able to stay in bed until 830!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowfirefly View Post
    Thanks for your reply in my journal!

I find that I place my worth on too many things outside of myself...specifically how other people think about me (about my job, my weight, blah, blah, blah...). I realize that my journey in this life is about finding balance, learning to accept myself and getting over my self-centeredness. It's not an easy process. If there's one thing that I've learned in my life though, it's that when something I've been counting on (a job, housing, a relationship, whatever) falls through it's because there's something else out there that's SO MUCH better! I've experienced it!

Maybe you didn't get the job you wanted, but whose to say that if you did, you'd be happy there? It may have worked out to be the absolute worst job you've had! Who's to say? Anyhow, I'm glad to hear that you had a better day today and it sounded like quite luxurious that you were able to stay in bed until 830!
    Today I stayed in bed until 10 am!

A friend emailed me the following: "I may be oversimplifying but I think self identity requires a balance of work, family, home, toys, recreation, art, science, knowledge. Of course the less we know, the more apt we are not to be concerned with this."

So yeah, my goal this month is to find balance. In ALL things.

#1 Food
    Greek salad – romaine, tomato, feta, Greek dressing
    Ham, scalloped potatoes, peas, tomato with balsamic vinegar
    2 glasses of white zinfandel
    2 squares of dark chocolate
    ľ cup of trail mix – sunflower seeds, almonds, raisins, cranberries, coconut, pistachios

#2 Avoid Poisons
    Well, the scalloped potatoes…But I only had two glasses of White Zinfandel wine tonight. And two squares of Dark Chocolate…

#3 Move Slowly
    Took Lily on a barefoot walk on the beach. I’ll try to post a photo. Our beach does NOT look anything like Mark’s. Narrow beach, rocks, dead fish, clay cliffs…Interesting barefoot walk…
    We walked for 15 minutes, then we had to turn around because the beach disappeared beneath the rough waves. Then we walked along the nature trail, up and down hills. Then through my soybean field, (Yes we have a field on the lake bank) and back to the beach. We walked for about an hour in total.

#4 Lift Heavy
    PBF Body Weights
    40 Wall Push ups
    40 Assisted Squats
    20 Inverted Jack Knife Presses

#5 Sprint
    One short barefoot sprint on the beach

#6 Sleep
    Midnight till 10am

#7 Play
    Maybe my walk with Lily??

#8 Sunlight
    We went on our walk at 1pm. Only my face got sunlight. It was cool enough for a sweatshirt.

#9 Avoid Stupid Mistakes
    I think so. I’m in a much better mood than last week. I’m not letting myself dwell on what might have been.

#10 Use Your Brain
    Not really. Well except for when Josie, my Papillon pup escaped out the gate, ran across the road and to the neighbours. She wouldn’t come to me. I finally tricked her into following me into my neighbours greenhouse (he’s a tobacco farmer) Once inside, I scooped her up. She did NOT get to go for the walk.

Well, I'm trying to figure out how to make my macbook pro recognize my new iphone4 photos...

Page 1 of 415 1231151101 ... LastLast