Page 98 of 415 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 4145

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 98

  1. #971
    Suse's Avatar
    Suse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    2,560
    Primal Fuel
    ok now I'm fascinated by curly girl. I'd love to have curls. I've got lots of natural wave, but it all appears to be underneath, the top part is really straight and annoying. does she cover that. You're going to have to tell me a lot more

  2. #972
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    ok now I'm fascinated by curly girl. I'd love to have curls. I've got lots of natural wave, but it all appears to be underneath, the top part is really straight and annoying. does she cover that. You're going to have to tell me a lot more
    Me too, for the most part. Lots of natural wave, more in the back and underneath than other places, and not uniform on both sides. I could make it seem quite wavy (sort of curly) when it was shorter with more layers, but less so now that it's growing out, heavier and 'pooless. But I am intrigued. Did you buy it from Amazon or is it in the regular bookstores? Seems cheap enough.

  3. #973
    NourishedEm's Avatar
    NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    2,570
    Good on you for stopping at 5 gummy worms. I wouldn't bother about feeling guilty, it's only food.

    I envy your curly hair, mine is dead straight and boring, it waves a little when it's humid but that's it. I always wanted curls, I had an awesome perm when I was younger, I'll have to dig up a photo. I'm not brave enough to go there again though.

  4. #974
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    ok now I'm fascinated by curly girl. I'd love to have curls. I've got lots of natural wave, but it all appears to be underneath, the top part is really straight and annoying. does she cover that. You're going to have to tell me a lot more
    Yup!

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Me too, for the most part. Lots of natural wave, more in the back and underneath than other places, and not uniform on both sides. I could make it seem quite wavy (sort of curly) when it was shorter with more layers, but less so now that it's growing out, heavier and 'pooless. But I am intrigued. Did you buy it from Amazon or is it in the regular bookstores? Seems cheap enough.
    I bought it in Chapters.

    Wavy:
    "You know you have wavy curls if you have:
    Hair that occasionally develops a natural wave after coming out of the shower and at the beach.
    Hair that can appear straight in the winter.
    Hair that can look unmaintained and flat on the crown.
    A slight halo of frizz and frizz on humid days.
    You have to work to get waves in your hair.
    Hair that looks better when its layered."

    And:
    "If you are a wavy girl, you've probably noticed that the amount of wave or curl you have changes with the seasons and climate."

    And:

    "Girls with wavy hair are often the most misunderstood and underrecognized types because their hair can easily be confused for straight. Wavy hair lies flat against the scalp and every curl is in the shape of an S. Some are very loose floppy S's while others are more defined. Very often the hair has to grow past the shoulders before S shapes can appear and then begin to twist and turn. Wavy girls who think they are straight may be on too strict a diet of frequent haircuts, downward brushing and blow-drying, so the waves are attacked before they have a chance to reveal themselves."


    You want more???

    Read the book
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  5. #975
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,639


    March Madness
    1. Push the exercises – Prepare for my 5K on April 10!!!!!
    2. SLEEP
    3. Reduce my fat?
    4. Some kind of creative “mind” play

    Food
    10:30 – 4 pieces of bacon
    12:30 – 1 C left over chili with ½ C homemade stewed tomatoes, the last 50g piece of Brie, a coconut heart and 6 macadamia nuts
    D – 4 pieces of bacon, 2 scrambled eggs with onion, an avocado, about a T of hashbrowns. Chai, 1 square of 85%

    CRONoMeter #s:
    Cal: 1470
    Protein: 71 g (20%)
    Carbs: 37 g (09%)
    Fat: 117 g (70%)

    Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    I bought the Brie to “celebrate” finishing my 30 DONN.
    It didn’t taste as wonderful as I thought it would.
    I finally finished it today. I don’t think I’ll be buying any more.
    Funny.
    When I first thought about giving up dairy I almost panicked! Then I tried it for a month. Then a bit of cheese slipped back in, no problems. Then I did 30 DONN. The cheese was easier to give up this time, but I kept thinking about what cheese I’d eat when the 30 days were done.
    Now that I can have it, I have no urgent need for it…

    Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    5 Tibetan Rites: 6 reps – OUTSIDE, on the deck, with the Papillons!
    And that’s all…
    Unless cleaning the kitchen and taking the trash out to the barn count??

    Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain

    Bed at 11:00. I close the Macbook at 10:30, then I had the 5 gummy worms…

    I woke up at 8, but laid in bed until 9:30

    Checked MDA, wasted about an hour or so on-line
    Army Wannabe Son asked me to finish cooking the bacon he’d started…so I ended up eating 4 pieces…

    Slowly worked at cleaning my kitchen…laundry…

    Tibetan Rites

    Cleaned up supper dishes ‘cause we had a financial planner guy come talk to us from 7-9.

    Now I’m trying desperately to catch up on journals, but I’m gonna have to quit and go to bed, ‘cause I have to work tomorrow, which means I have to leave here BEFORE 6:45 am!!!!!

    Good night!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  6. #976
    Suse's Avatar
    Suse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Yup!



    I bought it in Chapters.

    Wavy:
    "You know you have wavy curls if you have:
    Hair that occasionally develops a natural wave after coming out of the shower and at the beach.
    Hair that can appear straight in the winter.
    Hair that can look unmaintained and flat on the crown.
    A slight halo of frizz and frizz on humid days.
    You have to work to get waves in your hair.
    Hair that looks better when its layered."

    And:
    "If you are a wavy girl, you've probably noticed that the amount of wave or curl you have changes with the seasons and climate."

    And:

    "Girls with wavy hair are often the most misunderstood and underrecognized types because their hair can easily be confused for straight. Wavy hair lies flat against the scalp and every curl is in the shape of an S. Some are very loose floppy S's while others are more defined. Very often the hair has to grow past the shoulders before S shapes can appear and then begin to twist and turn. Wavy girls who think they are straight may be on too strict a diet of frequent haircuts, downward brushing and blow-drying, so the waves are attacked before they have a chance to reveal themselves."


    You want more???

    Read the book
    damn you!

  7. #977
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    damn you!
    hehehehe!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  8. #978
    Diana Renata's Avatar
    Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    5,394
    Ok... what is a coconut heart? It sounds delicious and exotic.

  9. #979
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Ok... what is a coconut heart? It sounds delicious and exotic.
    Oh, but it is
    And its cute too

    Creamed Coconut:



    Take a box of creamed coconut.
    While its still in the bag, warm it up (just a little) and work the oil into the coconut, until it is completely mixed together.
    Then pour it into a silicone ice cube tray.
    They harden in a very short time.
    I called mine hearts 'cause that's the shape of my ice cube tray

    The Math:
    170 g in a package of creamed coconut,
    I made 16 coconut hearts from one package.
    That's 10.6 g per heart.

    Then using the info on the box I figured out the following:

    73 C, 7.3 g Fat, 2.3 g Carbs, 0.6 g Protein / 10.6g heart.
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-09-2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: typo
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  10. #980
    Diana Renata's Avatar
    Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    5,394
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh my god! Those are fantastic!

    Now I absolutely have to borrow some candy molds from my crafty sister. I'm making a bazillion yummies and putting them away in the freezer- lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •