Page 97 of 415 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 97

winencandy is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Just in case you're interested:

Gummy Worms
    Ingredients:
    Glucose syrup, sugar, gelatin, modified potato starch, citric acid, natural and artificial flavours, mineral oil, carnauba wax, artificial colours. May contain traces of peanuts or other nut types.

Nutrition Facts: per 5 pieces (40 g) What a coincidence! I ate 5 pieces!
    Calories: 130
    Fat: 0 g
    Carbs: 30 g
    Protein: 2 g
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

A friend posted this on Facebook

iLike!

I LOVE this comment:
    WHO GAVE CHUCK NORRIS A FLUTE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

and before you ask - no, I can't play like this...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I think you did well stopping at 5! Interesting that only 5 made you feel sick. but yes I know that feeling, of oh god, they taste so good. sugar is a bitch!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Definitely good for stopping! Sugar for me is like crack... I have any and I want MORE.

I'm interested in your Curly Girl book. I have hair that decided to become curly when I got older. so if I don't blow dry and straighten it, it's curly, otherwise I straighten to make it like it used to be! Anyway I like having both options as I don't like the idea of straightening on a regularbasis cuz it is just rough on the hair... and yet I have yet to find the perfect system/product for my curls coming out curly and not frizzy! How do you like the book??

Oh, and I can't eat too much protein either, just doesn't work. I do eat a lot... and I don't try not to eat it, but for me moderate protein seems to be better... anywhere from 60g-90g (which is hard for me to reach the higher end...). And loving the starches... I'm doing sweet potatoes, yams and beets regularly and my body is enjoying it much!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    I'm interested in your Curly Girl book. I have hair that decided to become curly when I got older. so if I don't blow dry and straighten it, it's curly, otherwise I straighten to make it like it used to be! Anyway I like having both options as I don't like the idea of straightening on a regularbasis cuz it is just rough on the hair... and yet I have yet to find the perfect system/product for my curls coming out curly and not frizzy! How do you like the book??
    Me too! About three years ago, my hair went into big curls. Love it, but it's different to take care of. Is the book good?

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I hate to say it... I really miss gummy worms. I might get one for my birthday.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    This is the 1st time I've had gummies since late Sept or early October!
    I don't know which, and I can't be bothered going back through my journal to find out.
    That time I ate the whole bag.

I don't know if I should be upset that I had 5 OR thrilled that I ONLY had 5?????
    I'd say this shows just how much progress you've made. And the fact that you felt off after 5 of them is your body reminding you you don't do that crap no more.

Hope you gave son the tub of gummies back to get rid of/put away...though I think next time you'll be less tempted, remembering how it felt to eat them.

Thanks girls

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I think you did well stopping at 5! Interesting that only 5 made you feel sick. but yes I know that feeling, of oh god, they taste so good. sugar is a bitch!
    Yes. It. Is!

Definitely good for stopping! Sugar for me is like crack... I have any and I want MORE.
    Damn Sugar!

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    I hate to say it... I really miss gummy worms. I might get one for my birthday.
    Just one?? Make it a BIG one

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I'd say this shows just how much progress you've made. And the fact that you felt off after 5 of them is your body reminding you you don't do that crap no more.

Hope you gave son the tub of gummies back to get rid of/put away...though I think next time you'll be less tempted, remembering how it felt to eat them.
    Well, I quit after 5 'cause I felt guilty...the upset stomach happened about 15-20 minutes later

When I got up this morning the gummies were gone!

I'm hoping I'll remember.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by ommmmaggie View Post
    Me too! About three years ago, my hair went into big curls. Love it, but it's different to take care of. Is the book good?
    I'm enjoying reading it. And learning things.
    Last night one of the ladies at band commented on how good & curly my hair was
    That was from just using a couple of tips I read the 1st night.

This is what the book looks like. Its a 2nd edition. A Step by Step DVD is included. I haven't looked at it yet. It covers different curl types. Including Wavy, Botticelli, Corkscrew, and Fractal. Talks about NOT using shampoo. But using conditioner. About what to make sure is not in your conditioner. Styling tips. Short "Curl Confessions" (true life stories). Stylist and self hair cutting tips. Colouring. Guy and kid sections. Q & A's.

I'm glad I bought it.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Oh, and I can't eat too much protein either, just doesn't work. I do eat a lot... and I don't try not to eat it, but for me moderate protein seems to be better... anywhere from 60g-90g (which is hard for me to reach the higher end...). And loving the starches... I'm doing sweet potatoes, yams and beets regularly and my body is enjoying it much!
    NourishedEm is telling me the same thing...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy