Page 93 of 415 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 93

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That's some gorgeous food pr0n.

I 2nd arrowroot. I bought some ages ago and you can get a lot for almost nothing. Trying to find uses for it now because I have so much.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ommmmaggie View Post
    Girl, that looks delicious! What'd you use as the crust for your pizza?

Arrowroot powder also works well as a thickening agent. Should be easy to find in a bulk herb & spice section of your favorite awesome store.
    Thanks
    The pizza crust is just a slice of fried ham
    I can't remember who's idea it was, Batty says it wasn't hers. She thought maybe it was Kuno's.

I'll look for arrowroot powder.

I just saw that this was the 1000th post!!
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-05-2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: # 1000
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    That's some gorgeous food pr0n.

I 2nd arrowroot. I bought some ages ago and you can get a lot for almost nothing. Trying to find uses for it now because I have so much.
    Thank you

Now I gotta go on a thickening mission
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

March Madness
    1. Push the exercises – Prepare for my 5K on April 10!!!!!
    2. SLEEP
    3. Reduce my fat?
    4. Some kind of creative “mind” play

Food
    L – 50 g Brie (while the egg was cooking), a 2 egg, C red pepper, 1/8 C red onion omelet thingy and 1 small cucumber (1/2 C), a coconut heart, and then another one

S – $tarbucks Tall Whole Milk Chai Latte
    D – KFC!!! Eek! 2 breast pieces, a small handful of fries, a bit of gravy for dipping, a T of potato salad, C cucumber, a glass of the white wine. My dessert? A shot glass of the Jamaican Rum Cream…but I sipped it

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Well…we had KFC for supper and I ate it!

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    5 Tibetan Rites: 6 reps

PBF
    L3 Pushup – 25, 25
    L4 Squat – 35, 35
    L2 Overhead Press – 10, 10
    L2 Plank – 50 sec, 50 sec
    Note to self: Don’t do planks naked! But if you do, DON’T look at your stomach!!!

Pullup Challenge
    L2 Pullup: 10, 10
    L2 Chinup: 10, 10
    Static Hold/Reverse Chin Up: - 4 - Hold for 4 seconds, then 4 second controlled drop

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at 11:10. Awake at 7:54, but stayed in bed ad tried to go back to sleep…finally got up at 9.
    I kept thinking “You should get up”
    Uggghhh You girls better not have ruined my sleeping in!!!!

Checked MDA, wasted about an hour or so on-line.
    PBF.
    Got ready to go into the city. Daughter wants to get a few things.
    She’s going to Florida for March break with a friend and her family.

Lunch. You know what? I haven’t had Brie in ages…and I enjoyed the coconut heart MORE…
    The Brie was 167 C and the coconut heart was 72 C.
    So I had another heart

London shopping with my Daughter. We stopped at Chapters and $tarbucks…

I bought the book “Curly Girl” by Lorraine Massey.

The Farmer wanted us to stop at KFC on the way home…so I did.
    Nothing tasted like I remembered…
    I felt kinda blah after supper.

My CRONoMeter #s:
    Total Calories: 1727 (not as bad as I feared)
    Protein: 119g, 27%
    Carbs: 65 g, 15%
    Fat: 98 g, 51%
    Alcohol: 6%
    But I couldn’t find the $tarbucks or the Jamaican Rum Cream in the data base…

After supper I finished my PBF and helped my Daughter pack some of her clothes for Florida.

I just finished re-reading Primal Blueprint. Now should I read “Paleo Solution” or “Why We Get Fat” next???
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Note to self: Don’t do planks naked! But if you do, DON’T look at your stomach!!!
    LOL! I've done this, it's horrifying isn't it! Although I'll wager that after my 70lbs weight loss (with another 40 to go) that mine looks worse than yours.

My CRONoMeter #s:
    Total Calories: 1727 (not as bad as I feared)
    Protein: 119g, 27%
    Carbs: 65 g, 15%
    Fat: 98 g, 51%
    Alcohol: 6%
    But I couldn’t find the $tarbucks or the Jamaican Rum Cream in the data base…
    According to my program a $tarbucks tall chai latte with whole milk is: 193 cals, 5g fat, 5.5 protein and 33g carbs. Our version of a rum cream is (for a 60 ml nip) 196 cals, 7.8g fat, 1.8g protein and 15g carbs.

Now should I read “Paleo Solution” or “Why We Get Fat” next???
    Paleo solution is a relatively easy and quick read. I've only read GCBC which was a slog, but apparently WWGF is much easier to digest. I vote for WWGF first, then Paleo Solution.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    LOL! I've done this, it's horrifying isn't it! Although I'll wager that after my 70lbs weight loss (with another 40 to go) that mine looks worse than yours.
    Yes, its very horrifying.
    A reminder to NEVER be on top when the lights are on!

According to my program a $tarbucks tall chai latte with whole milk is: 193 cals, 5g fat, 5.5 protein and 33g carbs. Our version of a rum cream is (for a 60 ml nip) 196 cals, 7.8g fat, 1.8g protein and 15g carbs.
    Aw, thanks...I think.
    I think I was better off living in denial...if I add those #'s to today's tally...I get 2116 Calories!!!

And I just ate 6 macadamia nuts 'cause Stabby said I should: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post363456

add 6 macadamia nuts: + 101 C = 2217!!!

Oh, yeah, this was a great day...

Paleo solution is a relatively easy and quick read. I've only read GCBC which was a slog, but apparently WWGF is much easier to digest. I vote for WWGF first, then Paleo Solution.
    K
    I definitely need to read this book.
    Although looking at today's eats, its not to hard to figure out "Why I Get Fat"

winencandy is SO depressed after punching in the extra #s that she goes off in search of some Lindt 85%
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

So I tried to follow Paleobirds math.
    (reposted from her journal)

Ok, help me.
    Tell me if my sucky math is right:

BMR 1369 for maintenance (I’m only 5’ “ tall)
    1369 – 500 = 869 C/day. I can’t do that!
    The site says that short people might get a # under 1000 but the site also says you shouldn’t go below 1000...
    So that doesn’t leave me much “play” room.

If I take the most generous ideal body weight of 120lbs (cause I can't see myself getting below that ) x4 = 480 C of Protein/day or 120 g
    And 50 g Carbs = 350 Calories right? So that’s 830 Calories so far...
    IF I try for 1000 Calories, that’s 1000 – 830 = 170 Cal or 10 g of Fat…
    OR
    1369 – 830 = 539 Calories of Fat to maintain.

Sigh.
    I’ll never get that low…

winencandy wanders off in search of another square of 85%...
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-05-2011 at 07:27 PM. Reason: clarified?? some info
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    That shit is ridiculous. I read one of the links on that thread and it told me I should be eating 760 calories a day to lose 2lbs a week. That's fucking stupid! There is no way i could survive on that! Some of my meals have 760 calories in them.... that's just one meal!

I really don't know what the answer is W'n'C, I'm trying not to think about losing weight, but I don't think severe calorie restriction is it. Read WWGF for more on that subject. Our bodies fight it with everything we have and we end up fatter than when we started.

Mmmmm, I think I need some 85% too.

That shit is ridiculous. I read one of the links on that thread and it told me I should be eating 760 calories a day to lose 2lbs a week. That's fucking stupid! There is no way i could survive on that! Some of my meals have 760 calories in them.... that's just one meal!
    Yeah. I can't/don't want to do that/live like that! It would be way too stressful!

I'm just too short for my weight..."I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!!!"

Sigh...

I really don't know what the answer is W'n'C, I'm trying not to think about losing weight, but I don't think severe calorie restriction is it. Read WWGF for more on that subject. Our bodies fight it with everything we have and we end up fatter than when we started.

Mmmmm, I think I need some 85% too.
    I don't think severe calorie restriction is it either (at least I HOPE it isn't!)

WWGF is sitting beside me. Of course I'm on my Mac, so I haven't opened it yet

The 85% helped
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Paleo Solution was a good quick read, I think I made it through in 2 or 3 days over the holidays. Still working on WWGF, enjoying it so far. Started GCBC last summer, but got bogged down in the details. I'll get back to it eventually. Also started "The Vegetarian Myth" for fun on the business trip last week, interesting so far but too much babbling in the first part of the book. Make your point and move on, in my opinion.

Yes, its very horrifying.
    A reminder to NEVER be on top when the lights are on!

I laughed out loud at this...cuz I've been there. Side planks with low shorts and top riding up means saggy skin hanging oddly...WTF???? Good grief, it's got to get better than this!!

And low lighting can be your friend (though I don't think he really cares that much as long as it's happening )