Page 90 of 412 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 90

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yep, tracking your calories is a bitch slap in the face (as in wakeup call).
    Which is why I avoid it at all costs.

Wait, I just realized I lecture everyone about tracking their calories but I don't myself... Hmm...

Creamed coconut is a fat bastard. It has tons of calories. But then again any other fat does really... You should try to eat low calories diet with bacon... it's... a challenge... (but doable

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSaladWithoutMeat View Post
    Yep, tracking your calories is a bitch slap in the face (as in wakeup call).
    Which is why I avoid it at all costs.

Wait, I just realized I lecture everyone about tracking their calories but I don't myself... Hmm...
    I think the most powerful part about tracking is knowing that you have to enter what you eat. And you can't kid yourself about how much you ate when it tells you how many calories/fat/carbs/protein you ate.

Yeah, a Bitch Slap...

Creamed coconut is a fat bastard. It has tons of calories. But then again any other fat does really... You should try to eat low calories diet with bacon... it's... a challenge... (but doable
    Yeah, but the little hearts are SO cute! Anything that small and cute can't be THAT bad...can it??

I'm gonna give the low calorie with bacon a try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But my mouth REALLY wants a coconut heart right now...
    3pm is the WORST time for me

I keep telling myself that if I'm THAT hungry, there are 2 hard boiled eggs in the fridge...

But I'm NOT hungry for eggs, I'm hungry for hearts! (winencandy stamps her foot for emphasis!)
    /TANTRUM

I guess that means I'm NOT REALLY hungry!
    Right?

I'm gonna go do some squats instead.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    Wtf is a coconut heart?

The creamed coconut I have is disgusting. It's like dry bits of sweet coconut and a frozen chunk of coconut oil... it's gross!

Wtf is a coconut heart?

This:

The creamed coconut I have is disgusting. It's like dry bits of sweet coconut and a frozen chunk of coconut oil... it's gross!
    Mine was like that too.
    While its still in the bag, warm it up (just a little) and work the oil into the coconut, until it is completely mixed together.
    Then pour it into a silicone ice cube tray.
    They harden in a very short time.
    I called mine hearts 'cause that's the shape of my ice cube tray
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

March Madness
    1. Push the exercises – Prepare for my 5K on April 10!!!!!
    2. SLEEP
    3. Reduce my fat?
    4. Some kind of creative “mind” play

Food
    L – BAS: (I measured as I cut) ½ C cauliflower, ¼ C cucumber, ¼ C carrots, ¼ C red pepper, 2 mushrooms, ¼ C bacon, ½ avocado, 2 hard boiled eggs, 1T lemon juice, garlic, 1T Avocado oil.
    D – 1 C hamburger, 1 C cauliflower, ½ C carrots, garlic cooked and then tossed together in the oven. ½ Avocado with 10ml Avocado oil, 20 ml lemon juice, garlic. Large Chai with 50 ml coconut milk.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Surf MDA basically wasted my morning away on the couch with the Macbook…I think that counts as a stupid mistake…

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    5 Tibetan Rites: 5 reps

PBF
    L3 Pushup – 20, 20
    L4 Squat – 30, 30
    L2 Overhead Press – 8, 8
    L2 Plank – 45, 45 (seconds)

Pullup Challenge
    L2 Pullup: 8, 8
    L2 Chinup: 8, 8
    Static Hold/Reverse Chin Up: - 4 - Hold for 4 seconds, then 4 second controlled drop

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at midnight. Again. Up at 7 to drive my daughter to band practice.
    Stayed up!

Surfed MDA basically wasted my morning away on the couch with the Macbook…I think that counts as a stupid mistake…

I measured all the ingredients in my BAS. What a PITA!
    I ate my BAS watching “Network”

I punched the salad info into FitDay:
    Total Calories: 682,
    Fat 55.7 g, 486 C, 71%
    Carbs 25.8 g, 92 C, 13%
    Protein 26.1 g, 105 C, 15%

Then I “made” it a custom food. I’m not sure why, ‘cause I don’t plan on tracking forever, and my salads are always different…

I felt like I still “needed” something in my mouth. But now that I'm tracking, I’m “afraid” of my coconut hearts and macadamia nuts
    So I opened the bottle of Kombucha. I poured half of it into a wine glass and drank it. You know what? It could ALMOST pass as an alternative to a glass of wine while making supper…Almost. It has the right “mouth feel”. Hmmm

7 oz = 50 C, 13g Carbs

Not in FitDay…Imagine that…

Did some PBF

I entered today’s eats in FitDay:
    Total Calories: 1,732
    Fat: 136.5 g, 1,198 C, 69%
    Carb: 66 g, 244 C, 14%
    Protein: 71.6 g, 290 C, 17%

It IS a BitchSlap wake up

I’m gonna take one of the Papillons to the indoor walking thing tonight. Not sure which one.
    The sweet, easy Lily or the crazy psycho Josie.
    Lily would be easier, Josie probably needs it more…
    I’m not yet ready to take both at the same time.

I still want my coconut heart…
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-02-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: forgot my "Logo"
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I’m gonna take one of the Papillons to the indoor walking thing tonight. Not sure which one.
    The sweet, easy Lily or the crazy psycho Josie.
    Lily would be easier, Josie probably needs it more…
    I’m not yet ready to take both at the same time.
    If I took Leo any where without starr there would be crying. If I took Starr anywhere without leo, he wouldnt give a crap He would probably enjoy not being pushed around and generally dominated. For a little submissive dog, starr is VERY dominant with her older brother!

Isn't it funny how different they are?
    They (trainers) say that a female will always dominate over a male.

I have 2 females.

It's fine (and natural) for dogs to have a "pack" order and humans can't determine that. However, my job is to make sure everyone is safe.

Josie has started to try to dominate Lily. Again. But she's a bully when she does. She will get in front of Lily and block her access. Stand at either the top of the stairs (if Lily is going up), or the bottom (if Lily is going down) and block the way. If they both go outside she will push against Lily and try to herd her. She prevents Lily from leaving the deck.

This is not being dominant or a leader, its bullying so I'm stepping in. Josie is a pushy teenager. I make Josie wait until Lily goes up the stairs. I don't let them both go outside together, or if I do, Josie is on a leash and Lily is "free". She did this months ago and I stopped it by doing this. Now Josie thinks she can do it again.

Lily was very good today, Josie was a bully.
    I took Lily for the walk.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post

I entered today’s eats in FitDay:
    Total Calories: 1,732
    Fat: 136.5 g, 1,198 C, 69%
    Carb: 66 g, 244 C, 14%
    Protein: 71.6 g, 290 C, 17%

It IS a BitchSlap wake up

I still want my coconut heart…
    Not so much of a BitchSlap...your day looks closer to what I am thinking mine should look like!

And I'd want the coconut heart too...

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Not so much of a BitchSlap...your day looks closer to what I am thinking mine should look like!

And I'd want the coconut heart too...
    Tracking makes me "behave"
    I've noticed that I eat less while I'm tracking. Probably because I know I'll have to enter it.
    So I know that the #'s I see at the end of the day don't represent what I had been eating before I started tracking.

I know that if I wasn't tracking, I would have also had about 8-10 macadamia nuts, a couple coconut hearts, and a square of 85%.

I don't want to even think about what that would have done to my #'s!!!

Maybe I should enter it and see???

That would be the Bitch Slap

I still want the coconut heart
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

PrimalCon New York
    So, just for "fun", 'cause FitDay is SO much fun, I entered those snacks.

The #'s if I'd eaten the 10 macadamia nuts, 2 coconut hearts and a square of 85%:

Total Calories 2,153
    Fat: 176.6 g, 1545 C, 72%
    Carbs: 79.4 g, 297 C, 14%
    Protein: 76.3 g, 307 C, 14%

an additional 421 Calories.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy