Page 9 of 415 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 9

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Naiadknight has a great dessert recipe that uses Mascarpone. It's called Chocolate Whipped Heaven.

I like to take chocolate dipped strawberries and dip them in Mascarpone.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Naiadknight has a great dessert recipe that uses Mascarpone. It's called Chocolate Whipped Heaven.

I like to take chocolate dipped strawberries and dip them in Mascarpone.
    Thanks, I'll ask her if she'll share it...

chocolate dipped strawberries...drool...in Mascarpone...sounds wonderful!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

#1 Food
    B – IF - well I was sleeping, so it wasn't REALLY an IF
    Late Lunch (3pm) tomato, bacon & cheese salad with EVOO & Balsamic Vinegar, a couple slices of turkey breast lunchmeat
    D – Roasted Chicken, Tomato, Sweet Potato, Squash. A couple spoonfuls of my homemade spiced plum on the chicken.
    A scoop of Carmel Carmel Cup Ice Cream (my mom brought it over) One glass of White Zinfandel

#2 Avoid Poisons
    Only one glass of wine, AND the bar of Dark Chocolate is still in it’s wrapper
    The Carmel Carmel Cup Ice Cream – my parents were closing the trailer park booth and cleaning out the freezer. I got a 8” x 8” plastic container full...but once its gone, there won’t be any more until Spring...

#3 Move Slowly
    Well, we cleaned the kid’s media room. My vacuum is horrid. It’s 22 years old and the stupid hose keeps falling out of the canister and I’ve lost the head. So I have to vacuum on my knees with a tiny hose…I think that qualifies as moving slowly

#4 Lift Heavy
    PBF Body Weights
    20 Wall Push Ups
    20 Assisted Jack Knife Presses
    20 Wall Squats

I really have to push myself to do more. Also I find that if I don't do them 1st thing, they don't get done...

#5 Sprint
    Nope

#6 Sleep
    I went to bed at 2:30am, up at noon
    I stayed up watching Man on the Moon.
    Jim Carrey as Andy Kaufman impersonating Elvis...wrap your mind around that

#7 Play
    Nope

#8 Sunlight
    Nope, it was a rainy day, but I took my Vit. D

#9 Avoid Stupid Mistakes & #10 Use Your Brain
    I should have told my mom that I didn’t want the container of Carmel Carmel Cup Ice Cream…but
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I had another snack tonight. I never do this. Never.

I had a bowl of frozen blueberries, Mascarpone cheese and a tiny bit of pure maple syrup.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    A snack once in a great while isn't bad. Problem with me is I have no self control and it becomes habit again. I MUST stay away from them! LOL
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Monday
    #1 Food
    B – IF
    L - 65 g Turkey lunch meat (it was horrible) 80 g Mozzarella cheese, one avocado. When will I learn to PACK a lunch instead of having to forage for one at a grocery store when I’m in the city?
    S – handful of Trail mix
    D – hamburger patty (home made – just hamburger and an egg) fried in lard, red onions fried in butter, one avocado, 1/3 tomato. One scoop of Carmel Carmel Cup Ice Cream.
    One glass of White Zinfandel

#2 Avoid Poisons
    No so great, the lunchmeat was questionable, and then there was the Wine & the Ice Cream
    BUT the bar of dark chocolate is still unopened !!!!

#3 Move Slowly
    I was a supply teacher again in the afternoon.

#4 Lift Heavy
    PBF Body Weights
    20 Assisted Jack Knife Presses

#5 Sprint
    Nope

#6 Sleep
    12 to 6:45 – drive daughter to band practice, back to bed till 9:30

#8 Sunlight
    not really, but I took my Vit. D

#9 Avoid Stupid Mistakes
    Didn’t do so great on this one. I was NOT going to have any wine, BUT we ran out of water in the well and I was SO thirsty I poured a glass. 5 minutes later my dh pulls up with the tractor and a load of water...but the wine was already poured

#7 Play & #10 Use Your Brain
    Community band practice, I got to play AND use my brain

Grrrr, the delete key is sticking…you really don't realize how much you use that key until it doesn't behave!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

#1 Food
    B – IF
    L – 2 egg omelet with bacon, cheese and tomato
    S – 1/3 cup of Trail mix
    D – ground beef fried with onions, red peppers and tomatoes, avocado, 1/3 cup of mother in law homemade apple sauce (its pink ‘cause she cooks it with the skins on)
    S – 1/3 cup Trail mix

#2 Avoid Poisons
    YES!
    NO wine and the dark chocolate bar is still in the wrapper!
    But I probably had too much trail mix...

#3 Move Slowly
    #4 Lift Heavy
    #5 Sprint
    Nada, Nada, Nada

#6 Sleep
    12:30 am to 8:30 am

#7 Play #8 Sunlight
    Nada, Nada

#9 Avoid Stupid Mistakes
    Seeing how I did NOTHING today, I guess I also avoided making stupid mistakes, unless you count the fact that I did NOTHING...

#10 Use Your Brain
    REALLY slow day today...oh wait, I just remembered, I did do something! Last night, my daughter finished an assignment for school. I went to print it for her, no ink. I replaced the ink with a store brand that I bought the other day. The salesperson had claimed it was the same and it would save me $20. Well my printer wouldn’t recognize the ink Of course we live an hour away from anyplace that sells printer ink...

This, of course, was at midnight last night…This morning I called about 5 friends, no one was home. So I went to my sister’s house and used her printer (she was at work) and then drove it to school for my daughter. I made sure I arrived at noon, dressed like a teacher, and passed out business cards and let a bunch of the teachers know I was available for supply. I’ve only had 2 half days of work so far this year, so I gotta “pound the pavement” and let the teachers know I exist.

Drove my daughter to Physio, again

So I guess the day wasn't a complete waste
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    hey you're doing well on the no wine.... I've definitely cut back the last week, but unfortunately the candy intake seems to have upped for me....

#1 Food
    B – IF (again, is it really an IF if you sleep through the meal?)
    L – (at 2pm) tomato, red pepper, red onion, avocado cheese & bacon salad with EVOO and lemon juice, c trail mix
    D – 2 thin slices of Peameal bacon (Canadian Back Bacon for those of you in the USA) tomato, red pepper, red onion, avocado, EVOO & lemon juice salad, small scoop (1/3 cup) of Carmel Carmel Cup Ice Cream

#2 Avoid Poisons
    No wine AND the chocolate bar is still unopened!
    But I did have the ice cream…

#3 Move Slowly
    I picked up a wheelbarrow full of walnuts from my yard. Then I used the push mower to cut the small fenced in portion of our 3 acres of land. (The fenced in portion is equivalent to a typical city backyard).

#4 Lift Heavy
    Nope

#5 Sprint
    Nope

#6 Sleep
    I went to bed at midnight and woke up at 11:45am. I think there might be something wrong with me. I’ve been getting about 10 hours of sleep every night, but I’m still tired. A few things make me think it might be thyroid...

#7 Play
    Nope

#8 Sunlight
    Nope, not enough to count

#9 Avoid Stupid Mistakes
    Almost made it, if it wasn’t for the carmel carmel cup ice cream

#10 Use Your Brain
    Not really

I picked up the walnuts before I ate my lunch. Is it lunch if you sleep till noon and then eat your 1st meal at 2? Then I cut the grass after I ate.
    After supper I vegged in front of the computer, reading MDA Journals
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I used TAWfunguy's bodyfat calculator link, and this is what it said:

Body Mass Index: 28.9 kg/m2
    Waist-to-Height ratio: 0.55
    Percent Body Fat: 36.5%
    Lean Body Mass: 95.2 lb

and:

You are overweight by 9.4 kilograms (20.7 pounds)
    You need to exercise at least 30 minutes every day.
    Minimum caloric requirements: 1670 Calories per day
    Limit your food intake to 1419 calories per day.
    to lose 1.8 pounds per month.
    Your diet should contain at least 47 grams of protein per day.

Sigh...nothing I didn't already know...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Page 9 of 415 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast