Page 89 of 415 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 89

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    WnC, it's good idea to get copies of all test results. In the US we have a legal right to a copy. I have no idea what the rules are in Canada. It wouldn't hurt to call and ask for a copy. If they wont give you a copy ask them to tell you the results as well as what the normal range is for each test. Have pen and paper ready to write things down.
    I'll call and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I have a friend that has been eating more primally the last few months. She's frustrated by no weight loss. I had her track her food and send me a copy. Turns out she has been turning to nuts and cheese to "fill" her up because they are quick, easy and tasty.. I ask her to cut down on those 2 things, eat more veggies and meat , stay off the scale and we'd take another look in a few weeks.

I know my issues involve nuts and wine.
    Thanks

I think I've been eating too many nuts too. And probably too many coconut hearts. And possibly just too much altogether.
    I'm gonna try to track it for the next few days.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

March Madness
    1. Push the exercises – Prepare for my 5K on April 10!!!!!
    2. SLEEP
    3. Reduce my fat?
    4. Some kind of creative “mind” play

Food
    L – 5 mushrooms fried in a teaspoon of butter, garlic, 6 oz of coconut milk, ½ cup squash, in a “soup” with some garlic, cinnamon and nutmeg.
    D – 2 Jerk Chicken Thighs, ½ of my 8.5” plate was filled with roasted sweet potato, cauliflower, carrots and celery (tossed in olive oil with basil). A cereal bowl of BAS: romaine, cucumber, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, bacon, with 2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar, garlic and macadamia oil. 8 oz Chai (with 1 oz coconut milk) and a coconut heart.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

Avoided

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    5 Tibetan Rites: 5 reps

PBF
    L3 Pushup – 20
    L4 Squat – 25
    L2 Plank – 30 sec

Pullup Challenge

Static Hold/Reverse Chin Up: - 3 - Hold for 4 seconds, then 4 second controlled drop

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at midnight. Up at 8:30 to drive my daughter to school.
    Surfed MDA and played with Photoshop.
    Some PBF (not as much as I’d wanted. No energy)

Wasted the rest of the afternoon away, until 3.

Drove my daughter to Physio and Music lessons. I’d brought 2 hard boiled eggs, in case I “needed” a snack. I didn’t “need” them. Although I wonder…If I’d have brought macadamia nuts, instead of eggs I had to peel, would I have “needed” the nuts?????

~~~~~~~~~~

So here is my FitDay stuff. Well, most of it.
    HOW do you enter the roasted veggies or the BAS in FitDay?????
    That’s the part I HATE!
    That, and measuring my food at suppertime when my family is there. I just don’t do it then.

Anyway, here is my day minus the roasted veggies and the BAS. I added the Balsamic and Macadamia oil. Well I had to type in Almond Oil, 'cause FitDay doesn’t know what Macadamia Oil is. Yet another reason to hate this process…

Total calories: 1,162
    Fat: 99.8 g, 853 C, 74%
    Carbs: 41.3 g, 161 C, 14%
    Protein: 36.6 g, 145 C, 12%

It looks VERY high fat, and low calorie, but remember, the salad and roasted veggies are not listed.
    Anyone know how, or want to figure that out for me???

*Also, I had NO nuts I was conscious of reducing my fats today.
    So I probably usually have way more fat than this...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    oh gawd, I couldnt be bothered tracking my food either. but I suppose if it helps you for a bit it could be worthwhile.

I totally think the running is going to help you lose weight and fat. But running, blah, its a drag so I feel for you.

If its any consolation, I dont think you look fat in your photos... you look lovely, just a bit rounded I've just said it in Greensprouts journal, we are obsessed with fat though arent we. It is still a complete mystery to me why you havent shed the pounds though.

I like your march madness goals. I think you need to make your SLEEP goal to be more sleep in the natural darkness hours, ie go to bed a bit earlier and get up earlier when there is natural light. Dont know if it makes any difference really, but I've always heard the term that the hours of sleep you get before midnight are the most beneficial!

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    oh gawd, I couldnt be bothered tracking my food either. but I suppose if it helps you for a bit it could be worthwhile.
    Did I mention how much I HATE it???
    It better help!!!

I totally think the running is going to help you lose weight and fat. But running, blah, its a drag so I feel for you.
    Oh, I hope so!
    And thanks

If its any consolation, I dont think you look fat in your photos... you look lovely, just a bit rounded I've just said it in Greensprouts journal, we are obsessed with fat though arent we. It is still a complete mystery to me why you havent shed the pounds though.
    Thank you
    Yeah, I'm a bit "round" or too short for my weight...
    Maybe tracking for a few days will help solve the mystery.
    Or I'll need to go for more blood work...

I like your march madness goals. I think you need to make your SLEEP goal to be more sleep in the natural darkness hours, ie go to bed a bit earlier and get up earlier when there is natural light. Dont know if it makes any difference really, but I've always heard the term that the hours of sleep you get before midnight are the most beneficial!
    Yeah. I'm gonna aim to shift my sleep pattern earlier. Although the last time I tried that (in the fall) I'd just lay awake in bed...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

For curiosity's sake, I entered yesterday's food amounts into FitDay.
    Again, except for the salad. Not sure how to do that.
    I included the Avocado, a slice of bacon and the dressing.

Here it is:
    Total Calories: 1832
    Fat: 162.4g, 1373 C, 75%
    Carbs: 73g, 279 C, 15%
    Protein: 46.4g, 184 C, 10%

AGGHH!!! WAY TOO many calories

Although FitDay says that creamed coconut has 194 C, 19.6 g Fat, 6.1g Carbs, 1.5 g Protein per oz

Does that seem right to you?

I guessed that one of my hearts was 1 oz, but I really have no idea.

Wait a minute...(winencandy gets a package of creamed coconut)
    170 g in a package of creamed coconut,
    I made 16 coconut hearts from one package.
    That's 10.6 g per heart.

Recalculating on FitDay...(cue Jeopardy music)

73 C, 7.3 g Fat, 2.3 g Carbs, 0.6 g Protein / 10.6g heart.

That's better
    For a minute I thought I'd have to give up my hearts

So, that changes my #'s

Total Calories: 1373
    Fat: 115.4 g, 981 C, 71%
    Carbs: 57.8g, 217 C, 16%
    Protein: 44.5g, 179 C, 13%

Still high Fat, low protein...

Obviously I have no concept of how much an oz is
    Last edited by winencandy; 03-01-2011 at 06:56 PM. Reason: forgot the bacon :)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, the tracking pretty much sucks, and can get obsessive for sure, but it is useful once in a while to get some perspective. From my own efforts at logging yesterday, I'm way up on the calories and fat, though protein and carbs were not bad. Gives something concrete to think about for fine tuning purposes. As far as logging stuff like salads, roast veg and such, I estimate the amount of raw veg material (ie 2 cups mixed greens, 1/2 cup raw sweet potato, etc), and enter that separate from a guess at 2 tbsp olive oil, or whatever. I figure that's somewhat close, and then with fitday, you can always go back to your 'recent foods' list to add the same stuff again another day. I've also looked up some items on other calorie counter sites or using the product label if it has one to enter as a custom food. Pain in the ass, but can be helpful for the next time.

Good job on today's workout I have to get back to my pullup bar that hubby made for me last summer (somewhere in my journal is a photo of it), will have to muscle the foosball table out from under it however.

The goal of shifting your sleep schedule is a good one. It will be really helpful for those days when you get a call to teach, and for when you have the opportunity to go back regularly again. Even just getting up 30 min sooner each day should eventually help with being ready for sleep earlier in the evening, rather than turning in and not falling asleep. Now that it's starting to get light earlier in the mornings, it might help too.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    As far as logging stuff like salads, roast veg and such, I estimate the amount of raw veg material (ie 2 cups mixed greens, 1/2 cup raw sweet potato, etc), and enter that separate from a guess at 2 tbsp olive oil, or whatever.
    Well, I know what I put into the bowl, or the 9 x 13 glass pan, BUT that's for the family.
    Then I'd have to figure out how much of that I actually ate.
    I HATE math and #s

Good job on today's workout I have to get back to my pullup bar that hubby made for me last summer (somewhere in my journal is a photo of it), will have to muscle the foosball table out from under it however.
    Yeah, but I'd wanted to do more...
    You're lifting weights now, it should be easy to move

The goal of shifting your sleep schedule is a good one. It will be really helpful for those days when you get a call to teach, and for when you have the opportunity to go back regularly again. Even just getting up 30 min sooner each day should eventually help with being ready for sleep earlier in the evening, rather than turning in and not falling asleep. Now that it's starting to get light earlier in the mornings, it might help too.
    Yeah. I think that's the way to do it.
    And the earlier morning light will help, I hate getting up in the dark.

Of course it's 10:29 and I'm still online...

I was going to close the Macbook and read a book...but that didn't happen...again...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Tracking sucks, there's no question. However if you're going to do it, it pays not to get too anal about it. With the vegies, if you made x amount and it served 4, divide it by 4, it may not be exact, but it'll give you a ballpark which is all you need.

Personally I think your macro percentages are fine, but then that's because they're very close to mine. I sit around 70/15/15 fat/protein/carbs.

Good luck with March Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Tracking sucks, there's no question. However if you're going to do it, it pays not to get too anal about it. With the vegies, if you made x amount and it served 4, divide it by 4, it may not be exact, but it'll give you a ballpark which is all you need.
    Thanks. I could do that. I think...

Personally I think your macro percentages are fine, but then that's because they're very close to mine. I sit around 70/15/15 fat/protein/carbs.

The carbs will be higher once I add in the roasted veggies and the salad.

Good luck with March Madness.
    Thanks!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I'm watching "Network". Again.

Anyone else remember this scene?

"Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy