Page 81 of 414 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 81

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Add a slice of bacon, 6 macadamia nuts and another Chai with coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla to today's foods.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I’m gonna TRY to go to bed at an earlier hour…
    Good luck with that...kidding! I'm not one to comment on that end of things.

The hair looks fabulous! Do you ever try straightening yourself? I've found that it is much easier to do since going pooless. And I recently discovered how you can really use the flat iron to make curls too...pretty cool stuff.

I see you've found how strangely addicting the creamed coconut can be. I find I eat a box or so, then leave it alone for a month or more, then rediscover it in the kitchen pantry and off we go again. Maybe I'll aim for taking shredded coconut to work instead for a while and see how that goes.

Nice job on the outdoor run! I can't wait until spring to get comfortably moving outdoors again. I really grew to love walking in my VFFs last summer and wearing them for sprints on the grass feels amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Good luck with that...kidding! I'm not one to comment on that end of things.
    Yeah, it's 11:24 and I'm still here...

The hair looks fabulous! Do you ever try straightening yourself? I've found that it is much easier to do since going pooless. And I recently discovered how you can really use the flat iron to make curls too...pretty cool stuff.
    Thanks, I might try it tomorrow morning...If I get up early enough.

I see you've found how strangely addicting the creamed coconut can be. I find I eat a box or so, then leave it alone for a month or more, then rediscover it in the kitchen pantry and off we go again. Maybe I'll aim for taking shredded coconut to work instead for a while and see how that goes.
    Yup! I'm not sure if I should thank you for that or not

Nice job on the outdoor run! I can't wait until spring to get comfortably moving outdoors again. I really grew to love walking in my VFFs last summer and wearing them for sprints on the grass feels amazing.
    It was good. A lot different than running on the indoor track.
    The air and scenery was better
    BUT
    On the track, I only do a small loop at a time. On the road I had to commit to a longer distance.
    I found that to be a bit "scarier".

Weird...

OK, bed time. Now.
    I'll have to catch up on journals tomorrow...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Look what I "made" this afternoon:

I softened up the creamed coconut and then poured it into a silicone ice cube tray
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

30 DONN
    Day 23

Food

L – left over salad, 2 hard boiled eggs, 3 slices of bacon, an apple
    S – 2 date/almond/coconut rolls, a creamed coconut heart
    D – left over steak, squash and BAS: cauliflower, red pepper, cucumber, sliced almonds, cranberries with balsamic vinegar, garlic and macadamia oil, a date/coconut roll, a creamed coconut heart, and a Chai with coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    Avoided, so far,
    BUT I’ve been invited to my friend’s hot tub tonight for a “girl’s night” to plan our up-coming “Girls Night Out”
    This usually involves large amounts of wine…I’m gonna take some coconut water, pineapple juice and maybe some pomegranate juice…

I CAN DO IT! I’ve only got 7 days left!!!

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    Not much
    5 Tibetan Rites X 5

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at 11:30, so much for an early bed time…up at 6:15, straightened my hair, got ready and left by 7. Drove to the city for a supply teaching job.

It was a good day. No problems. I like those days

I stopped at a huge grocery store and bought some fresh dates and creamed coconut. I saw some Date Rolls beside the dates. Ingredients: dates, almonds and coconut. They are about ” thick and 2” long. I bought a small tub. When I got to the car I opened it and tried one. It was awesome!!! Like a date square without the oats! I went back into the store and bought two more tubs

I ate another one on the way home, and I was surprised that it felt too sweet. I stopped after two, I almost wished I’d only eaten one…This is BIG for me! Before Primal, I’d have eaten half the tub…

When I got home I froze them on a cookie sheet and them put them back in the tubs in the freezer.

I also made my creamed coconut hearts

I’m supposed to go hot-tubbing in a half hour…wish me luck!!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    OMG, you just reminded me I forgot to look for creamed coconut at the store. Crap, crap, crap.

Ohh... enjoy your hot tubbing! It sounds wonderful. What a way to finish off a week.

So what are these creamed coconut hearts you speak of?

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Hey W'n'C!

So much catching up to do......!

Love the hair, am making coconut butter hearts today, they look amazing (wonder how they'd be with a dark chocolate coating...?), enjoy the hot-tubbing

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    OMG, you just reminded me I forgot to look for creamed coconut at the store. Crap, crap, crap.

Ohh... enjoy your hot tubbing! It sounds wonderful. What a way to finish off a week.
    We didn't end up in the hot tub
    We watched Burlesque instead

I drank coconut water mixed with pineapple juice.

So what are these creamed coconut hearts you speak of?
    Post #876
    Easy. Take a box of creamed coconut. Soften it. Pour softened coconut into silicone ice cube tray. Let harden.
    I thought it would be "nicer" than spooning it out of a bowl More of a treat
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Hey W'n'C!

So much catching up to do......!

Love the hair, am making coconut butter hearts today, they look amazing (wonder how they'd be with a dark chocolate coating...?), enjoy the hot-tubbing
    Thanks for the hair love

Ooh! Dark Chocolate!!! In one more week, I'll try it

Hot tub didn't happen
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Look what I "made" this afternoon:

I softened up the creamed coconut and then poured it into a silicone ice cube tray
    oooh yummy, I am not familiar with creamed coconut. Can you buy it? tia.. and

I love the hair! (although I was a bit distracted by those adorable puppies of yours.)