Page 7 of 415 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 7

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I’ve been doing this for 3 weeks now. I weighed myself today. Same weight

I know it’s crazy, but I feel a tiny bit thinner, a bit better about myself.
    Nothing I can see yet. Maybe I’ll measure myself tomorrow. I did take measurements in August.
    Maybe I’ll see something there…

Two other things that I’ve noticed:
    Normally September is a horrible month for me. I live in South Western Ontario and I suffer from Hayfever. I’m usually a stuffed up, drugged up mess for the month. This year, I’ve taken Reactine once, when I’d been out all day. I've had some sneezing fits, I keep Kleenex with me, BUT I don’t have the itchy watery eyes, my throat and the inside of my mouth doesn’t itch.

I wonder...

The other thing I’ve noticed:
    My arms have always been covered in tiny pimples, a rash almost.
    Always.
    Its getting better. I noticed yesterday that my arms are almost smooth…

I wonder...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I'd agree that the disappearance of seasonal allergy symptoms is related to primal eating. I've had seasonal allergies, and have needed antihistamines every spring through frost since first moving to southern Ontario 8 years ago, and continued back on the prairies. Started primal in March, and this year, not one aerius needed. And people say this was a bad allergy year. A few days I've had some congestion and a few sneezes, but nothing worth taking meds for. First year in a long time without the itchy, watery eyes. Congrats on winning the battle over pollen!

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Hey there Wine&Candy!

Don't stress about the scale.... measure yourself and you will see more immediate results there over time.... the scale will eventually catch up! LOL I had the same issue with my arms too and over 3-5 weeks it went away! You will find your skin will clear up and become more youthful and vibrant!

I measured myself this morning.

No, I'm not going to give actual measurements!

BUT I lost 1/2" off my ribcage and 1/2" off my waist

NOTHING off my stomach or my big ass
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Unfortunately there seems to be no logic to the PB and weightloss and measurements. I lost weight but had no change in measurements. But then all of a sudden my clothes were too big for me... I think I started to lose the weight in those places that dont actually get measured.

Anyway congrats on those 1/2 inch losses. baby steps. You may have to make a call to give up either wine or candy. I certainly ditched the candy for the most part when I got started.

Thanks.

I believe the ribcage and hip measurements. The other two? Ha! They can change 5 times in one day

I think the candy is going to be much easier. It's the chocolate and ice cream...

And the wine...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

#1 Food
    B - IF
    L - Tim Horton’s Small Chili – NO Bun
    D - Cabbage Roll Casserole, it had a bit of rice in it, my dh made it. Squash from the garden.
    One, ONLY one glass of White Zinfandel wine. Small bowl of plums.

#2 Avoid Poisons
    No bun with my chili at lunch, no candy or chocolate, and only ONE glass of wine !!!

#3 Move Slowly
    I took the Papillons for a walk on the beach tonight. It wasn’t very long because it started to get dark.

#4 Lift Heavy
    Not today

#5 Sprint
    I did 2 beach sprints with my dogs

#6 Sleep
    Bed at 11pm, up at 930am

#7 Play
    Meh

#8 Sunlight
    Nope

#9 Avoid Stupid Mistakes
    We were in the city at lunch today and my son wanted Tim Horton’s. I chose the chili instead of a sandwich!

I also left the beach before it got dark.

#10 Use Your Brain
    Meh. Lots of driving today.
    I had to take my son for his driver license test. He passed ☺
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    #2 Avoid Poisons
    No bun with my chili at lunch, no candy or chocolate, and only ONE glass of wine !!!
    well done you! I for one, do not expect you to give up wine AND candy. just start with one!

oh by the way I keep meaning to ask you, have you joined two pics of your papillions or has one of them got different coloured eyes? did you notice I put my babies up as my avatar! I wish you could see the large one of that, Leo, (the big one) is doing the I'm too cool to look at you and I'm ignoring that other dog and Starr (the little one) is kind of I'm just so goddammed cute....

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    well done you! I for one, do not expect you to give up wine AND candy. just start with one!
    Ha! I didn't give up the wine , BUT I did cut it down...The candy is easier to give up than the wine...

I tend to "sneak" the candy, the wine is something I "share" with my dh...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Page 7 of 415 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast