Page 63 of 415 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 63

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    8 Days 11 Hours 51 Minutes

Food
    5 – Batty’s Blueberry Butter Balls
    D – fried ground venison with onions, garlic, avocado and tomatoes, cabbage and carrot salad. A small banana and a few almonds. Small Tazo Chai Latte (the last of the box, not quite a tea cup full.)

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    No candy, but one Toblerone triangle, and ONLY ½ glass of wine.
    I wasn't going to admit to either of these, but then I remembered this journal is for ME and I'd only be lying to myself...
    I did NOT have any birthday brownies!

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    PBF
    L3 Pushup – 20, 20
    L4 Squat – 10, 10

Pullup Challenge:
    L2 Pullup: 8, 8
    L2 Chinup: 8
    Reverse Chinup: 1
    Static Hold: about 3 seconds (x2)

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at midnight and up at 11am.
    I ‘caught’ whatever bug my daughter has…so it was a fairly unproductive day.
    Vit D, vit C & other stuff.

Earlier last night I entertained the idea of starting running today, and doing planks 3X, but before I went to bed I felt sick to my stomach, and I slept in really late. I feel a tiny bit better now, but not 100%. My sister wants to run on Thursday at an indoor track…

My Birthday Son had a good day of hockey. He scored the 1st goal of the Bronze game and then he scored the last goal in the shoot out to win the game!

** I’ve been fairly quiet about my primal eating changes, I’ve not wanted to say too much until I could see some results. Tonight, at supper, my Farmer asked “What would I have to do to eat like you?” I was excited, but I kept it low key. I said, “Don’t eat the bread.”

(This is a long-standing joke between us. Years ago at a German/Italian wedding, the photographer sat at our table and he said “Don’t eat the bread.” He went on to explain that there was going to be at least 7 courses and we shouldn’t fill up on the bread. So from then on, if we were going somewhere with lots of food, we would say, “Don’t eat the bread”)

I added, “Don’t eat the ‘filler’, the pasta, the bread. Just take more meat. Do you like the taste of plain pasta or bread?” He said “No”.
    I reminded him how bloated I was after I’d eaten the pizza a couple days ago, and that I didn’t want to feel that way anymore.

“What about potatoes or rice?” I told him he could eat some potatoes and a bit of rice, but I was avoiding them because I wanted to lose weight. (I don’t want to scare him away) I suggested he just try being aware of how much and how often he ate the “filler” and to try to cut it down. I don’t think he’s ready to go ‘cold turkey’.

So, maybe, just maybe, my body is changing more than I thought it was
    Last edited by winencandy; 01-10-2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: typo
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Huh!

I was just going to log off and go to bed when I noticed that I have 6,999 views.

Imagine that...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Huh!

I was just going to log off and go to bed when I noticed that I have 6,999 views.

Imagine that...
    That's cos we <3 you!

Awesome news about the farmer, he must be noticing some changes in your body comp even if you're not. By the looks of your workout routine, I'd say that you must have some pretty good muscle tone... negatives?..... static holds?..... You've got me totally beat!

I agree with Bone too, rest up and get well. Don't push the exercise and the running. The last thing you wanna do is take that cold to Jamaica with you

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    That's cos we <3 you!

Awesome news about the farmer, he must be noticing some changes in your body comp even if you're not. By the looks of your workout routine, I'd say that you must have some pretty good muscle tone... negatives?..... static holds?..... You've got me totally beat!

I agree with Bone too, rest up and get well. Don't push the exercise and the running. The last thing you wanna do is take that cold to Jamaica with you

Um, the negatives and static holds are just barely there. Very fast negatives (not quite a fall) and very short static holds that I leave me unable to do another pull-up for a while

OK, you're right. No cold in Jamaica!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

7 Days 9 Hours 33 Minutes

Food
    12 – $tarbucks Grande Tazo Chai Latte
    2:30 – a Lara Bar
    3 – 65 g package of pre cooked bacon
    5 - $tarbucks Tall Tazo Chai Latte
    D – 2 sausages fried in butter with an avocado. One Toblerone triangle.

No candy, no wine
    But I had a Dark Chocolate Toblerone triangle (the bar is almost gone)

I avoided going in the ditch or being hit by Semi Trucks while driving in the blizzard tonight!!!!!

Nope, unless you count walking around in a mall…

Bed at midnight and up at 8 am.
    I got ready and left the house at 9. I picked up my sister (her car had died and she’s gone back to college and she needed a ride. Her classes today were from 2-6 today.)

I drove into one city and spent about 2 hours at the Employment Insurance office, (on hold on the phone to another office for most of it), trying to get some questions answered about the farm income. They changed the reporting proceedure…I managed to stay nice and polite, even though I’d only get a sentence in and I’d be put on hold again…I finally had to say good bye ‘cause I had to leave. So I have to call again, and go through the whole process again

We drove into the next city and went to the Running Room to try on the jackets we’ll get for the race in April. The coats weren’t in yet…I got a Starbucks.

I dropped my sister off at the college and went to the VW dealership. They didn’t have a loaner car, so I read my Wheel of Time book and waited for 1 ½ hours. Results: I was 8,000km over the warranty on my headlight, so it cost me $50. It will cost about $200 to fix the auxiliary jack (iPod) in my Beetle. They have to remove most of the trim to reach it…(That fix is gonna have to wait a LONG time) and their diagnostics didn’t show any reason why my coolant light comes on 1st thing in the mornings. If I want to know why, I’ll have to leave it there overnight…

I went shopping. Returned the last few Christmas items. Bought Ketosticks. Tried on bathing suits. Decided that none of them made me look any better than the ones I already owned. I bought some cloth flower clips for my hair for Jamaica and some sunscreen. While shopping I got hungry, so I ate the Lara Bar and then bought and ate the bacon.

I went out to the car to go pick up my sister and discovered that it was snowing like crazy! I got another Starbucks. I drove across the city to pick her up and then we drove home. A ride that usually takes 45 minutes took 1 ½ hours. I didn’t drive on the 401, I took a smaller highway. You couldn’t see the lines on the road, you could barely tell where the edges of the road were (mailboxes and ditches).

I heated up supper. After supper I went “shopping” for a few books to take to Jamaica from my daughter’s collection I had 40 books to choose from! Then she helped me with some clothing selections. We had fun trying on stuff

GUESS WHAT! She brought out a couple of her shirts and a Bench dress for me to try. I didn’t think there was ANY way they would fit, BUT two of them did! She’s TINY! She wears a Garage size 1!

So, no time to read journals tonight, I gotta go to bed. I’ve got a supply teaching job in the morning.

See ya latter
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    you are wearing your daughters clothes!!!!! you see, your body is a changing!!!! Yay

It must be
    ...but the #'s are not changing...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

6 Days 11 Hours 32 Minutes to Jamaica!!!

Food
    3 – Batty’s Blueberry Butter Balls
    D – stir fry turkey breast with broccoli, carrots, cabbage, onion, mushroom, zucchini, water chestnut, ginger, coconut milk and bean sprouts. A baked apple with crème fraiche and a drizzle of maple syrup. A ½ glass of red wine and the LAST dark chocolate Toblerone triangle.

No candy
    I probably shouldn't have had the creme fraiche...or the wine...or the dark chocolate...

PBF
    L3 Pushup – 20, 20

Pullup Challenge:
    L2 Pullup: 8, 10(15)
    L2 Chinup: 8, 8
    Reverse Chinup: 1 – Pretty much a ‘semi’ controlled fast drop
    Static Hold: 2 - about 3 seconds each

Myotatic crunches (thanks NourishedEm) - 10
    Bicycle crunch - 20

Bed at midnight and up at 6. The phone rang telling me my job was cancelled for today.
    I got up at 7, and tried to stay up, but I went back to bed at 8 and slept till 11am.

I got ready and went to town to pick up a few things for my Mother in Law.
    She’s getting better but her hand is swollen and black. It reminds me of a zombie hand!

I went into town to talk to a Service Canada rep about my farm question. I got the same run around…

I stopped at the grocery store for stir fry veggies, the girl rang in my order and then I realized I’d left my wallet at home! I drove home, got my wallet, drove back and picked up and paid for my veggies. I unloaded them at home and turned around and drove back into town to pick my daughter up for physio. At the school I tried to reach her on her phone with no luck, but I finally found her at the bus circle. She had lost her phone today…

After supper I did a few exercises.

We are supposed to go walking/running tomorrow afternoon…yea…
    Last edited by winencandy; 01-12-2011 at 07:09 PM. Reason: I forgot the coconut milk
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Hey! Jamaica is coming up soon. <jealousy>

Nice job on fitting into your daughter's clothes . And the Farmer is obviously noticing changes, even if you're not. The subtle approach is working...he'll come around in time.

Enjoy your run tomorrow, if it's not stormy

Quote Originally Posted by bone_machine View Post
    How fun to shop through yer daughter's things.
    Yea, it was fun, and unexpected!

YEAH! Congrats on the clothes. Yer dropping yer size and getting interest from the husband. Who cares about the #?
    Thanks. Yeah, but a small part of me still cares about the numbers...

Very, very nice! You're really pushing. Feelin' powerful?
    More powerful than I felt in September, but not powerful enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Hey! Jamaica is coming up soon. <jealousy>

Nice job on fitting into your daughter's clothes . And the Farmer is obviously noticing changes, even if you're not. The subtle approach is working...he'll come around in time.
    Thanks There must be changes, maybe I'm just too 'close' to see them.
    Yeah, he'll come around eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Enjoy your run tomorrow, if it's not stormy
    The sun is out, not a snowstorm in the sky
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy