Page 61 of 415 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (winencandy) page 61

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    11 Days 14 Hours 49 Minutes till Jamaica!!!

Food
    3:45 – 65g of pre cooked bacon, 120g of Double Crème cheese, a banana
    Before Dinner – glass of white wine, 2 cheese stuffed mushroom caps
    D –crock pot venison roast with carrots, squash, and Brussel sprouts, two dark chocolate Toblerone triangles, a small Tazo Chai with Coconut cream.

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes
    No candy, not even while I was shopping! (This used to always be a bad time for candy)
    Instead I bought pre-cooked bacon and a double crème cheese to eat in the car.

Wine & chocolate…well...

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint
    PBF
    L3 Pushup – 15, 15, 15
    L2 Pullup – not yet
    L4 Squat – 20, 20

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at 11, but awake for about a half hour.
    My alarm went off at 6am. I got up, showered, dressed and left for work by 6:30.
    No time for vit D & other stuff, maybe later…

I got as far as the town and realized I’d forgotten my dress shoes at home (I was wearing my boots), No time to go back home so I stopped at my sisters and grabbed a pair of hers

I had a prep 1st period, so I did some L3 Pushups and some L4 squats
    It was a good day. No problems.

After school I drove into the city and bought a few things.
    While I was shopping I felt weak and dizzy (my vertigo comes and goes) so I bought bacon and cheese and bananas

Hey, its better than the “Real Fruit” gummies I would have bought in the summer…

I ate my ‘breakfast’ in the Beetle on my way home.

University son had made a venison roast in the crock pot

I’m not sure I like coconut cream in my Chai…

Oh, yeah, my Farmer and his dad brought my MIL home from the hospital this afternoon
    Last edited by winencandy; 01-07-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: MIL update
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I'm "full", but I'm still "mouth" hungry...

I had 5 almonds and two of Batty's Blueberry Butter Balls

But its still there.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I’ve glanced back through my journal, trying to figure out WHY I haven’t lost anything in 4 months.

I think I’ve got a pretty good idea of how to maintain on Primal

BUT I’m NOT at a maintenance weight/size/fitness level.

I think I’ve been hitting 80% with my food. There seems to be this small problem with wine

My move slowly, lift heavy and sprint efforts could definitely use some improvement. They are minimal to non existent.

And my sleep is not where (or when) it should be. (unemployment is not good for me)

But I think I’m gonna have to really kick it up to 100% to lose anything.

I just gotta face the fact that it ain’t gonna “effortlessly melt off” me…
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member

I'm right with you.
    I think I’ve been hitting 80% with my food. There seems to be this small problem with wine

My move slowly, lift heavy and sprint efforts could definitely use some improvement. They are minimal to non existent.

And my sleep is not where (or when) it should be. (unemployment is not good for me)

We are so alike in our primal paths...(though I am working, that's part of the problem with my sleep...mornings come too early).

I'm working on cutting out the stuff that is adding up to my 20+%, like wine, most dairy, and nuts.

You can do it! I see you joined the pullup in 2011 challenge, good for you. I made it last year from 1 unassisted chinup to 4, and even one day unassisted pullups (before I got off my workouts...), so you can do it too. Hubby built me a bar in the basement last fall, I think somewhere in my journal there's a photo of it.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    There seems to be this small problem with wine

I've found that abstaining from alcohol really helps. I also am not employed-disabled actually. I see my health and exercise as my job. I am usually up and on the treadmill and/or weight training by 7am, Mon-Fri.

I find the routine helps with not only workout consistency but with sleep patterns as well.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I’ve glanced back through my journal, trying to figure out WHY I haven’t lost anything in 4 months.

I just gotta face the fact that it ain’t gonna “effortlessly melt off” me…
    That's kinda what I realised when I looked at things. It's the main reason I decided to do the Whole 30, if eating 100% clean with no alcohol doesn't shift the scale downwards then I will have to accept that there's nothing I can do. However, although I haven't been on the scales (another whole 30 rule), I know from how I feel that I am losing some weight.

Maybe you might want to give it a try? Just 30 days of 100%, no wine, no candy (you may have to change your handle ), no cheats at all for the whole month.

What do you reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I'm right with you.
    We are so alike in our primal paths...(though I am working, that's part of the problem with my sleep...mornings come too early).
    I'm working on cutting out the stuff that is adding up to my 20+%, like wine, most dairy, and nuts.

You can do it! I see you joined the pullup in 2011 challenge, good for you. I made it last year from 1 unassisted chinup to 4, and even one day unassisted pullups (before I got off my workouts...), so you can do it too. Hubby built me a bar in the basement last fall, I think somewhere in my journal there's a photo of it.
    Thanks! Although it sucks that you are struggling with the same things, it's kinda nice to know I'm not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I've found that abstaining from alcohol really helps. I also am not employed-disabled actually. I see my health and exercise as my job. I am usually up and on the treadmill and/or weight training by 7am, Mon-Fri.

I find the routine helps with not only workout consistency but with sleep patterns as well.
    Yeah, I have no routine...and I am not a morning person, so my sleep pattern has shifted too far. Maybe I also need to think of this as my job...

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    That's kinda what I realised when I looked at things. It's the main reason I decided to do the Whole 30, if eating 100% clean with no alcohol doesn't shift the scale downwards then I will have to accept that there's nothing I can do. However, although I haven't been on the scales (another whole 30 rule), I know from how I feel that I am losing some weight.

Maybe you might want to give it a try? Just 30 days of 100%, no wine, no candy (you may have to change your handle ), no cheats at all for the whole month.

What do you reckon?
    I will probably have to do Whole 30. The only reason I didn't start it Jan 1st was Jamaica I KNOW I can't / won't want to do Whole 30 there

Maybe I should do a Whole 11 until the flight? As a 'warm up'

And then go Whole 30 when I get back....

11 Days 0 Hours 0 Minutes till take off!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    life gets in the way of good intentions!!! but yeah, probably knock the booze and ramp up the exercise and you might see a few changes.

I'll try Suse

However, this afternoon, I had a "What's the use, I'll never lose any weight. Definitely not in time for Jamaica. Might as well eat some Dark Chocolate..."

Damage: Two Toblerone triangles and two Lindt balls...

At least I stopped there...

ETA: My stomach doesn't feel good...
    Last edited by winencandy; 01-08-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    10 Days 14 Hours 5 Minutes to Jamaica!

Not a good day...

Food
    2 – soup: coconut milk, squash, fried zucchini & onion, stewed tomatoes, avocado, hard boiled egg, Indian Masala seasoning
    D – Um, take out pizza…pepperoni, bacon, ham, tomato & onion…2 slices…2 glasses of wine

Avoid Poisons & Stupid Mistakes

No candy, BUT
    Two dark chocolate Toblerone triangles, two Lindt dark chocolate balls
    Wine and pizza
    “go big or stay home”

Move Slowly, Lift Heavy, Sprint

PBF
    L3 Pushup – 15, 15
    L4 Squat – 10, I may do some more
    L2 Overhead Press – 10

Pullup Challenge:
    L2 Pullup: 8, 8, 8
    L2 Chinup: 8, 8
    Reverse Chinup: 2, 1 – Wow! Shaky!! Pretty much a ‘semi’ controlled fast drop

Sleep, Sun, Play, and Use Your Brain
    Bed at 11:15. I slept pretty good. The Papillons woke me up at 8:30. I got up at 9.
    On a Saturday! (Yeah, I know, everyday is a Saturday…)
    I spent too much time on the internet…
    Dishes, laundry, exercise, helping my son pack to go back to University, shower, exercise, soup, laundry, Vit D & other stuff

My Farmer and daughter wanted pizza for supper.
    I caved. I had two slices. I just didn’t have it in me today to say no and have left over venison roast…the last pizza I had was late Oct or early Nov (the family gathering at my aunt’s before she died) I was able to resist the frozen pizza at my sisters in Dec. It just didn’t happen tonight.

I’ll pay attention to how I feel later…

Right now, I feel - Blah...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy